ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries offers a fast and easy way to access dictionary content for a variety of languages. You can create your own custom dictionary sets selecting from a wide range of general translation dictionaries, explanatory, idiomatic, and also various subject dictionaries.
- Abbyy Lingvo Online Translation
- Abbyy Lingvo 12
- Abbyy Lingvo X6
- Abbyy Lingvo Hebrew
- Abbyy Lingvo Tutor For Mac Pro
Activate ABBYY Lingvo 9, 10, 11 or 12 now To activate your copy of ABBYY Lingvo 9,10, 11 or 12, enter your Installation ID and serial number in the form below and click Activate. You will receive a reply message containing an activation file. Save the file somewhere on your hard drive, run the Activation Wizard and specify the path to the saved. ABBYY Lingvo Dictionary for Mac 1.10.0 876 Mb ABBYY Lingvo Dictionary gives you an instant access to high-quality translation dictionaries for English, Russian, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese. Lingvo contains world class Oxford Dictionaries and includes over 7,150,000 entries. No Internet connection or in-app purchases required, all dictionaries are included in the application. How to remove ABBYY Lingvo European. Instructions on completely removing ABBYY Lingvo European from your computer. Quit ABBYY Lingvo European (ABBYY Lingvo European Quit ABBYY Lingvo).Navigate to 'Go Applications' and delete ABBYY Lingvo Europeanapplication (drag its icon onto the Trash).; Remove all components of ABBYY Lingvo European and Safari pop-up translation module.
ABBYY Lingvo do not require Internet connection. The dictionary will be an indispensable tool when traveling, at work or school. It provides a reliable translation and exhaustive interpretation at any time, simply by using a mobile device.
- More than 200 dictionaries for 20 languages
- Flash cards for effective learning new words (only on iOS)
- Photo and video translation – any word from the photo can be immediately translated (only on iOS and Android)
- Quick translation directly from the clipboard
- Hypertext – an instant translation of any word found in dictionary entries with just a single tap
- Native audio pronunciations for most common words (in some dictionaries)
- All available dictionaries can be used as one. A merged list of headwords allows for consulting all the dictionaries simultaneously. If a word is found in many dictionaries, all relevant entries are displayed in a single window.
iOS URL Scheme
- iOS developers can use a free Lingvo URL Scheme for teaming Lingvo Dictionaries up with any other program installed on the same mobile device. Lear more here.
ABBYY Lingvo Dictionary API
- With the API, ABBYY Lingvo can now be integrated into other apps or websites to enhance them with word translation and dictionary support.
The instructions below will help you come to grips with ABBYY Lingvo Tutor. Go through the seven easy steps below to learn about Tutor dictionaries, exercises, and how to make the learning process more efficient and enjoyable.
Step 1. Running ABBYY Lingvo Tutor
Abbyy Lingvo Online TranslationClick on the command bar:
Depending on the current settings, one of the two windows will open:
Abbyy Lingvo 12
1. Welcome to ABBYY Lingvo Tutor! dialog box
Note. Clear the Show this dialog next time option if you wish to skip this dialog box next time you run ABBYY Lingvo Tutor. With the Welcome… dialog box disabled, clicking will open the dictionary window.
Click . The dictionary window will open.
2. The dictionary window with a list of words from one of the Tutor dictionaries supplied with the program. The pair of languages will be the same as the current pair in ABBYY Lingvo x3. If you wish to select another dictionary, go to Step 2. If you wish to learn words from the current dictionary, go to Step 3.
Step 2. Selecting a Tutor dictionary
Abbyy Lingvo X6On the Tools menu, select the Dictionaries… command. The Dictionaries dialog box will open listing the available dictionaries for the current pair of languages. To select a dictionary for a different pair of languages:
- On the languages bar, select the desired source language in the left-hand field and the desired target language in the right-hand field.
- Select the desired Tutor dictionary in the list and click Select.
Note. The dictionaries supplied with the program are only samples. You can edit and update them as you wish or create your own Tutor dictionaries.
Adding Words to Tutor Dictionaries
Step 3. Starting an exercise
Click on the toolbar of the dictionary window. The card with the first word or phrase will open.
Step 4. Typing a translation
In the exercise window that opens, type a translation for the word or phrase. The following may help you:
- The first letter of the translation can be displayed by clicking
- The grammatical forms of the word to be translated (available by clicking )
- The transcription and usage examples
- Recorded pronunciations (available in some of the Tutor dictionaries)
You can type only part of the translation.
Step 5. Checking the translation
Once you have typed in the translation, click .
Animated image will tell you whether your answer is correct or not:
– correct translation
– incorrect translation
You can disable animation and exclamations in the Options dialog box (Tools→Options…).
Step 6. Going to the next word
Abbyy Lingvo Hebrew
Step 7. Finishing the exercise
During the first exercise, ABBYY Lingvo Tutor will ask you to translate 10 words, after which the button will change to .
You can change the number of words in one exercise and adjust other Tutor settings on the Exercise tab of the Options dialog box (Tools→Options…).
Additionally, you can schedule ABBYY Lingvo Tutor to run at specific times.
If you wish to finish the lesson without going through all the ten words, click . This will bring back the dictionary window. Note. The Statistics dialog box (Actions→Statistics…) displays the number of cards in the selected dictionary, the number of cards you have learnt, and the cards with the To learn, Edit and Postponed statuses (for more information about card statuses, see the Card Statuses section).