- Download Adobe Pdf Viewer For Mac
- Adobe For Mac
- Adobe Pdf Reader For Macos Catalina
- Adobe Reader For Mac
- Adobe Pdf Viewer For Mac
- Display PDF documents in 4 modes. Adobe Reader for Macintosh display PDF documents in 2 modes: single and single continuous. As the best Adobe Reader for Mac, PDFelement lets you view PDF files in 4 modes: single, single continuous, facing, and facing continuous. For me, facing is really helpful when you need to check the info side by side.
- PDFelement Pro - The Best Alternative Free PDF Reader Pro for Mac to Adobe Acrobat.
Acrobat 2015: If you download Classic 2015 Acrobat or Reader patches from the release notes or the FTP site, you see a notarization prompt and the installation is blocked.It's general behavior for all installer packages downloaded using a browser and not from the Mac App Store. To begin the installation, right-click the installer and choose Open. Download Adobe Reader DC for Mac now from Softonic: 100% safe and virus free. More than 9584 downloads this month. Download Adobe Reader DC latest version 2020. Download adobe pdf reader for free. Office Tools downloads - Adobe Reader by Adobe Systems Incorporated and many more programs are available for instant and free download.
2020-09-11 18:05:49 • Filed to: Compare of Mac Software • Proven solutions
Like to have an Adobe Reader alternative for Mac to read PDF files? Adobe Acrobat Reader for Mac has various features for viewing PDFs, however, it requires users to purchase its various functions. Therefore, if you are looking for great alternatives to free Abode Reader for Mac, let this post help you with choosing the right one! This article will also tell you how to read and edit with the best Adobe Reader for Mac alternative.
5 Best Adobe Reader for Mac Alternative
PDFelement is a smart application for iMac, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air to read PDF files, draw attention to PDF content, change text, edit pages, and fill out PDF forms. It is compatible with macOS X 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 and 10.15 Catalina. And unlike Adobe Reader for Mac, it responds faster when you open a PDF file with it.
PDFelement is undoubtedly the best Adobe Reader for Mac competitor. Not only is it the most cost-efficient, but also incredibly feature-rich to cater to business as well as individual needs. Whether it is paragraph editing or changing various aspects of the font, PDFelement can be referred to as the superhero of PDF editing.
- Edit PDF files with complete ease
- Create and fill forms
- Layered security features
- Put your stamp on the PDF file
- Share your files without any trouble
- Split and merge pages and much more
- Annotate PDF files easily
- Create forms and save templates
- Password protection
- Put watermark on the file
- Ability to sign PDF files
- Convert, merge and split files with ease
Supported Systems: Mac, iOS, Windows, Android
Download this Mac Adobe Reader alternative to have a try.
How to Use the Best Adobe Reader Alternative for Mac
1. Fill and Save PDF Forms
Adobe Reader cannot save filled PDF forms on the computer. It only lets you fill out a form for printing. As the best Mac Adobe Reader for Mac, PDFelement not only lets you fill a form, but also save forms with data filled. So after filling the form, you can email forms to people without going through the procedure of printing, scanning, and sending.
2. Change PDF text, images, and pages
If you like, you're capable of adding new text, correcting typos, adjusting images on a PDF file. With simple clicks, you're able to insert, extract, and delete PDF pages, merge, and split PDF files. And these are not available on Adobe Reader for Mac, but its alternative.
3. Convert PDF to Word Doc
To reuse PDF content, click 'File' > 'Export To' > 'Word' to export PDF to Microsoft Word. After the conversion, you can copy text and rearrange the content.
4. Display PDF documents in 4 modes
Adobe Reader for Macintosh display PDF documents in 2 modes: single and single continuous. As the best Adobe Reader for Mac, PDFelement lets you view PDF files in 4 modes: single, single continuous, facing, and facing continuous. For me, facing is really helpful when you need to check the info side by side.
5. A range of annotation tools to draw attention to PDF content
Of course, with Adobe Reader for Mac, you can highlight, underline, strikethrough PDF text, add sticky note and text box to comment the idea. Actually, PDFelement offers more intuitive tools to do the job. Aside from the features that have already been mentioned, there are also shape drawing tools available like circles, clouds, arrows, etc.
2) PDF Expert
PDF Expert is a popular PDF editing software for Mac. This simple yet professional program lets users add bookmarks, as well as edit text and images within your PDF file. This alternative to Adobe Reader for Mac has many robust features that let you annotate your file, such as by highlighting text, etc.
- Add or remove images, text, watermarks, etc.
- Implement signatures or passwords easily
- Split or merge PDF files
- Fill various forms in PDF format
- Capability to markup as well as annotate
- Supports a variety of file formats
- Equipped with professional tools
- Neat and clean interface
- Not very easy to use
- Does not have a setup wizard
- Features of the software are not very clear
- No OCR technology
Supported Systems: Mac, iOS
Skim is indeed a fully developed and well-rounded Adobe Reader for Mac alternative software that can be used for viewing and editing PDF files. It can be used for professional as well as scientific purposes. The software allows you to customize itself according to individual usage. The software can be used for providing previews and taking notes, amongst other things.
- Zoom in various elements using the magnifying tool
- Preview facility for links in the file
- Support for AppleScript
- Ability to highlight using swipe mode
- Can export the notes in text format
- Pinch zooming facility
- Ability to take snapshots
- Extra tools for lengthy PDF files
- Choose the colour of annotations
- Does not save texts in forms
- Does not have OCR function
- Not available for Windows Operating System
- Some tools don't work
- Bugs need to be fixed
Supported Systems: Mac
4) Free PDF Reader
If you are looking for a free Adobe Reader for Mac alternative and simple PDF viewer, then Free PDF Reader can be the software for you. The user interface of this program offers easy navigation that works well for any type of user. In fact, it is currently being used by more than 150 million users. It is a full-fledged PDF reader tool packaged with a variety of features while keeping it as simplistic as possible.
- Can be used to view various docs
- Ability to zoom the text
- Rotate the text in the file
- Various capacities for printing text
- View PDF files in a clear format
- A tutorial is available
- Guides on each step of the installation
- Save the file for future use
- Small size of the download
- Does not have editing features
- No advanced options available
- There are various ads
- No integration with other software
Supported Systems: Mac, Windows
5) Haihaisoft Reader for Mac
Hiahaisoft is an Adobe Reader for Mac alternative that is distinguished from other PDF readers and editors because of its small size. The total size of the installer amounts to only 3MB. Which is, of course significantly lower than another PDF reader such as Adobe Reader. The software has been designed while keeping the ease of use in mind, along with support for an assortment of languages.
- View all kinds of PDF documents
- Takes no time in switching on
- Read-protect your document
- Doesn't need a constant internet connection
- Reading all kinds of PDFs is easy
- Very small installation size
- Responsive and clutter-free design
- Various security and privacy features
- Printing PDFs create only blank pages
- Does not comply with PDF file's DRM
- Not very fast and stable
- Doesn't have many advanced features
Supported Systems: Mac, Windows
Price: 90 days fully functional free trial; Basic account- $50 per month; Premier account- $120 per month
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Jul 01,2020 • Filed to: Mac Tutorials
'Is there a reliable PDF reader for Mac (macOS 10.15 Catalina)?'
Mac users have a number of PDF reader programs to choose from, including Adobe Reader for Mac and Preview. But if you want a better PDF reading experience, you might want to use a more robust and powerful PDF program. Transmission downloads for mac. In this article, we’ve compiled the top 5 PDF reader for Mac tools including PDFelement Pro, which offers more features than a simple PDF reader.
Part 1: Top 5 Best PDF Reader for Mac
1. PDFelement Pro - The Best Alternative Free PDF Reader Pro for Mac to Adobe Acrobat.
As high-quality as Adobe Reader is due to its constant updates and improvements, you can also look into alternative programs that can perform many of the same tasks. PDFelement Pro for Mac, as the best alternative PDF Reader to Adobe Acrobat for Mac, acts as both a PDF editor and reader that provides you full functions for PDF editing and a better experience reading PDF on Mac. This tool lets you add text, images, bookmarks, and more to your PDF. In addition, a user can also highlight text, underline, use strike-through features on the text and crop PDF pages on Mac. Watermarks can also be used to protect your PDF files on Mac. You can even edit and convert scanned PDF files with PDFelement Pro.
Key Features of this PDF Reader for Mac:
- Add, delete or edit text, images, graphics, links, watermarks, and more.
- Convert PDF to Word and other formats, or create PDFs from Webpages, images, and text files.
- Quickly mark up and annotate PDFs with various annotation tools.
- Combine or split PDFs, organize pages, and easily fill out PDF forms.
- Edit and convert scanned or image-based PDFs using the OCR feature.
- Easily add watermarks, passwords, and signature to PDF documents.
2. Skim - A Popular and Well-developed Macbook PDF reader
Skim is a popular PDF Reader on Mac that is tailored towards scientific purposes, although it can also be used to view other types of documents as well. This free PDF reader software is designed to be customizable for individual use, and is handy for notes and previews. The reason why Skim is one of the most popular options is because it includes easy-to-use and visually impressive reading modes.
- Single swipe highlight mode for easy use
- AppleScript support
- Ability to preview internal links
3. Adobe Reader for Mac - A Widely Used Free Mac os PDF reader
You can download PDF reader for mac-Adobe Reader for free and set it as your default PDF reader. Adobe Reader for Mac is considered the industry standard. Adobe is still a very well respected product on the market, as they are constantly making improvements and upgrades to the program, but there are other options that offer many of the same features at a lower price and without without complicated licensing agreements.
Download Adobe Pdf Viewer For Mac
- Fast and easy to use
- Established platform worldwide
- Considered industry standard
- Well developed and supported
4. Haihaisoft Reader for Mac - A Small Size Free PDF Reader for Macos
A prominent feature of Haihaisoft Reader for Mac is its small size at only 3MB ; this compact PDF Reader for Mac takes up much less space than other programs like Adobe Reader (see below). The package covers a wide range of languages and is designed for ease of use, while it is also well supported and has been developed for use on a number of platforms. Interesting features include:
- Instant launch time
- No background net connection for added security
- Opens all PDF documents
- Protection with DRM-X
5. PDFSam - A New Free PDF Reader for Macbook Pro or other Macs
PDFSam is a relatively new release that has been met with mixed reviews. This free PDF reader for Mac is designed for splitting and merging documents, hence why it is called 'SAM'. Some users report problems while using the application, though generally it is reported to be user-friendly and quick for the average user.
- Split and Merge - (SAM)
- Extract sections as separate PDFs
- Reorder pages when needed
- Compose documents by dragging and dropping
Part 2: Troubleshooting on Opening and Reading PDFs in macOS
Many people experience problems when trying to open or read PDFs on Mac. This is due to a variety of reasons, but luckily this problem is usually quite an easy one to solve in just a matter of minutes. Here are the three main reasons why you may have a problem reading a PDF on Mac, and what you can do to solve the problem.
Question 1. Your Web Browser needs Updating
Adobe For Mac
Solution: This is one of the most common problemsthat can prevent you from being able to read a PDF. Not all not all browsers update automatically, and it could be that yours needs a manual update. You can usually run a regular software update, but other times you may be required to update manually through the menu. An outdated browser may be the issue, in which case you may need to update your browser to resolve the issue. You can then make annotations and markups within your document.
Adobe Pdf Reader For Macos Catalina
Question 2. Your Browser is not Compatible
Solution: This issue depends on your operating system. If you are running OS 10.5 x, as many are, you will find that the later versions of Safari, for example, are non-compatible with your operating system. This will lead to you being unable to open PDFs, as well as a number of other problems. It is recommended that users with this operating system try using Firefox instead, as that may solve the problem.
Question 3. Check the Adobe Reader Plug-in
Solution: This problem also affects many users. If you are opening your PDF with Adobe Reader, the Adobe Reader Plug-in can be problematic, especially if it is an automatic launch when you enter your browser. The trick is to delete the plug-in (just the plug in, not Adobe Reader itself). Try using Adobe Reader as a stand-alone program rather than having it run within your browser, and the problem should be solved. You can also re-install the plug-in if necessary.
Part 3: Best Recommendation
Adobe Reader For Mac
With so many options of PDF reader for Mac, sometimes it is hard to make a choice. But taking all the possible troubles into consideration, PDFelement can be regarded as the best PDF reader for Mac because it can provide you with a cozy reading experience without those troubles. Besides, do you think PDFelement is only a PDF reader? The answer is no, it is a PDF editor and PDF converter as well