Increase computer performance and SSD life span
SoftPerfect RAM Disk is a high-performance RAM disk application that lets you have a disk on your computer entirely stored in its memory. As the memory is much faster than physical hard disks, storing temporary data on a fast in-memory disk achieves a higher performance. Whatever your job is, read on to find out what a RAM disk can offer you.
SoftPerfect RAM Disk creates a virtual disk residing in the computer RAM accessible in Windows Explorer and other applications, allowing you to store any temporary information on this disk. Furthermore, Windows can be configured to use the RAM disk for temp files, so that the system and most other applications would use the fast in-memory disk for their temporary data. As Windows and other third-party applications often create a large number of temporary files for a short time only, using a RAM disk will extend your hard disk’s life by sparing it from excessive reading and writing. This is particularly valuable for solid-state drives (SSD), which have a limited number of writes. Sophos firewall how to configure ssl vpn for mac os x.
Modern computers are equipped with at least 4 GB of RAM, and most of the time there is a lot of unused memory that could be used as a high-performance alternative to the slower HDD storage. This product lets you create any number of virtual RAM disks limited only by the memory available. You can also work with on-disk images and RAM disks associated with on-disk files to preserve your data between sessions.
While regular users will benefit from moving web-browser caches and Windows temporary files to a RAM disk, IT professionals may find even more advantages. For example, programmers can speed-up the development process by redirecting intermediate compiler output to a RAM disk, database administrators can improve performance by using a RAM drive for things like tempdb, and so on.
1-Click Updates All Your Software. Outdated apps are a security risk. Old software can have. RAM Disk for Windows Increase computer performance and SSD life span. SoftPerfect RAM Disk is a high-performance RAM disk application that lets you have a disk on your computer entirely stored in its memory. Any of my search term words; All of my search term words; Find results in. Content titles and body; Content titles only. CCleaner for Mac! Clean up your Mac and keep your browsing behaviour private with CCleaner, the world's favourite computer cleaning tool. Dave CCleaner replied to Dave CCleaner's topic in CCleaner for Mac @jeromy great to hear everything is going smoothly for you so far with Catalina. Strictly speaking CCMac 1.16 only supports up to Mojave - the version that will have been fully QAed against Catalina (CCMac 1.17) is due out later this year.
- Any number of RAM disks. In practice, up to 26 disks due to the number of drive letters available.
- Any RAM disk size on 64-bit systems. Up to approximately 3.5 GB on 32-bit systems.
- Persistent RAM disks with associated on-disk images.
- Volatile RAM disks whose content disappears on shutdown.
- Built-in disk image manipulation tools.
Five very good reasons to use the RAM Disk
- Higher computer performance. Provided you have a sufficient amount of RAM, using a fast in-memory disk for temporary data will boost the computer performance.
- Reduced wear-and-tear of the physical disk. Because temporarily files are not written to the hard disk, there will be fewer read/write cycles, which is especially important for prolonging the life of solid-state drives (SSD) commonly installed in laptops.
- Less junk on the hard disk. Many software applications create temporary files that remain undeleted although no longer needed. The contents of RAM disks is cleared every time the computer is restarted or switched off, so the unneeded files won’t clutter your hard drive.
- Reduced file system fragmentation. The file system on your HDD will be far less fragmented as the temporary files will never be written to the hard disk.
- Less noise and heat from the hard disk because the system will use the hard disk less intensively.