In steam go to the properties page of terraria and click on the 'browse local files' button. On mac it just shows 'Terraria' and two other things unimportant. Going into the contents of Terraria I didn't find anything. Did you right click terraria in your library and click on 'properties' at the bottom? Blending elements of classic action games with the freedom of sandbox-style creativity, Terraria is a unique gaming experience where both the journey and the destination are as unique as the players themselves! Terraria: Journey's End Out Now! The fourth major content update for Terraria is.
|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
This is another install mods on cracked Terraria but without steam EDIT:Terraria Download: youtu.be/nUpZGU9BfmI Tmodloader Download:http://forums.terraria.or. I just got terraria on my mac and I've tried to search everything I can in finder but I cant find my players and maps folders pls help.:) Just paste /Users/whatever your user is/Library/Application Support/Terraria and highlight, reveal in finder, and you're there! Even if the files are hidden this will work. It is how I got in.
Installation guide/Troubleshooting is a complete guide on installing the launcher and client for Super Terraria World. You will find all requirements that need to be fulfilled in order to play, aswell as all known problems that can occur during the installation process of the launcher and client.
You can download the Super Terraria World Installer from the Terraria Community Forums
For ingame bugs, please report them at the STW Bug reporting site and provide as many details of the bug as you possibly can.
If for some reason you are still having an issue after doing the steps in this guide or you have found an issue not listed here, then it is recommended you join the Super Terraria World Discord, for further assistance.
You can navigate to the launcher settings at the top left of the launcher.
Before trying any of the solutions, please make sure you meet the following requirements met:
- Agree with the Disclaimer & Agreements
- Ensure you have a 64-Bit Computer architecture (32-Bit needs testing).
- Ensure you are using either Windows 7, 8 or 10 (Mac and Linux support will be added later on).
- Ensure you have a legally owned Steam copy of vanilla Terraria installed and have run it atleast once after installing.
- Ensure you have launched Terraria atleast once, to make sure you have .NET framework installed and updated.
- Ensure that your steam name does not contain any weird/non standard characters. (If it does, you can change it back once you've launched STW for the first time).
- If you do not have Terraria installed to the standard path (C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonTerraria) ensure that the Launcher has the correct path input in the 'Terraria Game Files' section of the settings.
- If you do not use the standard Terraria saves path (C:Users<user>DocumentsMy GamesTerraria) ensure that the Launcher has the correct path input in the 'Terraria Save Files' section of the settings, with <user> being your computers username, which you are trying to install STW on.
Below you can find a Contents menu, you can click the error you are having issues with to quickly navigate to it.
- 1Launcher Troubleshooting
- 2Client Troubleshooting
Launcher not opening/installing
If for some reason the launcher does not open or install when you run it, try running it as administrator, check to make sure you meet the requirements above and make sure your antivirus is not blocking it.
Steam login is a blank/white screen
This is an issue related to steam and not the launcher itself, there are several things that can potentially fix this. Run Steam and the STW launcher as administrator, wait a few seconds for it to load the steam elements and the login page should appear. If that does not work try reinstalling Steam (if you use a custom install folder try using the default installation path).
If that does not work then one of the following solutions can potentially help.
- Clear the Steam Web Browser Cache. In Steam, go to the Web Browser section of the Steam settings and delete the Cache and Cookies.
- Disabling DirectWrite for font smoothing. Again within Steam settings, go to Interface and uncheck “Enable DirectWrite for improved font smoothing and kerning”
- Clearing the htmlcache directory. Go to UsersyourusernameAppDataLocalSteam and delete all the contents of the htmlcache folder. Do not delete the folder itself!
- Disabling Compatibility Mode. Right click on Steam.exe (standard path is C:Program Files (x86)Steam), choose Properties. Next click on the Compatibility tab and uncheck any boxes that are checked, and click Apply.
- Add Exceptions for Steam and SteamWebHelper. Add both Steam and SteamWebHelper as exceptions inside of your installed firewall, if none is installed then you can skip this.
- Disable Chrome Embedded Framework Sandbox. Create a short-cut to Steam with the “-no-cef-sandbox” switch, if you use the default install location it would be 'C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteam.exe' -no-cef-sandbox
Launcher closing on Steam login
If you have Steam family sharing enabled on you steam account you will not be able to play Super Terraria World, simply disable this and you should be able to get past the Steam login screen in the STW launcher.
If you are getting the Unauthorized User error, go into your launcher settings, click Logout of steam, then close and reopen the launcher. You can find the settings button at the top left of the launcher.
Make sure to close and reopen the launcher once you have done these steps.
Ensure that Steam is running
If you have Steam running when trying to play STW and still get this error, then run the STW launcher and Steam as administrator. If this does not work, try logging out of steam in the STW launcher and restart the launcher to log back in.
Client installation getting stuck
During the installation progress, the launcher can appear to get stuck installing, most likely this is not the case and it is installing. If however you have waited for a while and believe it is stuck, you can do the following steps to restart the installation process. Close the launcher and reopen it, then in the launcher settings located at the top left of the launcher, click Uninstall STW. This will reset the client install so you wont have missing files during your next attempt. If none of that works try rebooting your computer then try to install again.
If you try to uninstall and get the error message STW is not installed, you are safe to try and reinstall the client.
CSteamworks error, when trying to launch the game
Imessage for mac lion. Make sure your paths in the launcher settings are setup correct and check to see if you have the file 'CSteamworks.dll' in your SteamsteamappscommonTerraria folder.
Game not starting with no error message
If you do not get any error message when you try to start the Super Terraria World client, then navigating to your 'Terraria Game Files' location and run the SuperTerrariaWorld.exe as administrator and it should work.
Texture2D Crash Message
Terraria Without Steam
Currently, STW does not support resolutions above 1920x1080p. As a workaround, please lower your Windows resolution to 1920x1080p (not your in-game resolution).
Missing Tile Data
There are two issues that can cause this, the most common is if your game/save file paths are setup incorrect, please ensure that they are targeting the correct folders. If the paths are setup correct then it is most likely due to the installation process not having installed the required files, to solve this go into the launcher settings and click uninstall STW. Please refer to 'Client Installation Getting Stuck' for how to uninstall the client.
If you happen to get stuck whilst playing Super Terraria World, please type the following command in the ingame chat: /player-report-bug-stuck. If the previous command does not work, then an alternative is /player-report-bug-spawn.
Once that is done, it will teleport you to the last entrance for the first command, or the world spawn point with the second, and open the STW Bug reporting site, which you are highly recommended to fill out to your best abilities.
Your previous game session has not ended yet
Very rarely when you log out of Super Terraria World you may encounter this issue, simply wait and you should be able to rejoin. The wait time can vary, and in extreme cases a server restart may be required before you can join the server again.
The Desktop version of Terraria refers to the Windows, Mac, and Linux desktop computer versions. These versions are produced entirely by Re-Logic, Terraria's original developer (whereas the current Console version is being worked upon by DR Studios, a third-party developer.) Because of this, updates always come to the Desktop version first.
All three desktop versions are on the same update path and are updated together, sharing a common version number, though each has its own installation package. All can be purchased/downloaded through Steam or GOG.com.
Mac and Linux versions became available starting with version 220.127.116.11 as a beta test package on July 23, 2015, and in 18.104.22.168 as a full release on August 12, 2015. All prior versions were Windows only.
Version history[editedit source]
|Version||Release date||Name||Highlights and Notes|
|22.214.171.124||October 14, 2020||Hotfixes||Bug fixes.|
|1.4.1||October 13, 2020||Rounding Out the Journey||Terraria Vanity Contest sets, Credits, Princess NPC, Flinx Staff and Flinx Fur Coat, accessory balance changes|
|126.96.36.199||June 4, 2020||Hotfixes||Torch God mini-event. Many optimizations, bug fixes, and crash fixes.|
|188.8.131.52||May 23, 2020||Hotfixes||Performance optimizations, fixes for memory management, as well as fixes for crashes and bugs.|
|184.108.40.206||May 20, 2020||Hotfixes||Many minor changes to item drops, recipes, and art, as well as plant growth speeds and potion effects. Also removed bad torch luck.|
|220.127.116.11||May 16, 2020||Hotfixes||Bug fixes and minor changes made to the balance of the game.|
|18.104.22.168||May 16, 2020||Journey's End||Journey Mode, Master Mode, Bestiary, Golf, Pylons, Graveyard, Oasis, Queen Slime, Empress of Light|
|22.214.171.124||April 25, 2017||Hotfixes||Bug fixes.|
|126.96.36.199||April 21, 2017||Hotfixes||Visual improvements and bug fixes as well as the addition of an improved font for users playing the game in Chinese.|
|188.8.131.52||April 19, 2017||Hotfixes||Crash and bug fixes.|
|1.3.5||April 19, 2017||Polishes and Fixes||4K support, Zoom and UI Scale, more & better translations, gold, crystal, and dynasty furniture, and the return of Redigit to the team.|
|184.108.40.206||December 6, 2016||Hotfixes|
|220.127.116.11||November 18, 2016||Hotfixes|
|18.104.22.168||November 17, 2016||Hotfixes|
|22.214.171.124||November 16, 2016||Hotfixes|
|1.3.4||November 15, 2016||Dungeon Defenders II Crossover Update||New water surface effects, new 'tower defense' event with crossover content from Dungeon Defenders 2|
|126.96.36.199||October 3, 2016||Hotfixes|
|188.8.131.52||September 13, 2016||Hotfixes|
|184.108.40.206||September 11, 2016||Hotfixes|
|1.3.3||September 9, 2016||Desert Update||Underground Desert update, Sandstorms, Sand Elemental|
|220.127.116.11||July 21, 2016||Hotfixes|
|1.3.2||July 20, 2016||Party Update||Chest item sorting, Corruption or Crimson selection on world creation (Post-WoF), more party decorations|
|18.104.22.168||May 31, 2016||Hotfixes|
|1.3.1||May 22, 2016||Wiring Update||Significant updates to wiring and Mechanisms. Added controller support.|
|22.214.171.124||August 12, 2015||Mac & Linux Release||Now officially playable on Mac and Linux.|
|126.96.36.199||July 23, 2015||Mac & Linux Beta|
|188.8.131.52||July 20, 2015||Hotfixes|
|184.108.40.206||July 13, 2015||Hotfixes|
|220.127.116.11||July 9, 2015||Hotfixes|
|18.104.22.168||July 2, 2015||Hotfixes|
|22.214.171.124||June 30, 2015||Hotfixes|
|126.96.36.199||June 30, 2015||Terraria 1.3||Lunar Events, Martian Madness, Granite Caves, Marble Caves, Underground Desert, Expert Mode, Achievements, Yoyos|
|188.8.131.52||May 15, 2014||Hotfixes|
|1.2.4||May 8, 2014||Additions||Fishing, Minecarts, Duke Fishron, and Pixel Piracy crossover content|
|184.108.40.206||February 18, 2014||Hotfixes|
|1.2.3||February 13, 2014||Additions||Traveling Merchant, Stylist|
|1.2.2||December 20, 2013||Christmas Update||Frost Moon|
|220.127.116.11||October 31, 2013||Hotfixes|
|18.104.22.168||October 26, 2013||Hotfixes|
|1.2.1||October 25, 2013||Halloween Update||Halloween, Pumpkin Moon|
|22.214.171.124.1||October 9, 2013||Hotfixes|
|126.96.36.199||October 9, 2013||Hotfixes||Several new Enemy Banners, more Furniture|
|188.8.131.52||October 3, 2013||Hotfixes|
|184.108.40.206||October 1, 2013||Hotfixes|
|1.2||September 30, 2013||Terraria 1.2||The Crimson, Rain, Snow biome, Queen Bee, Chlorophyte, Plantera, Jungle Temple, Golem, Pirate Invasions|
|1.1.2||January 17, 2012||Hotfixes||Multilingual support|
|1.1.1||December 15, 2011||Christmas Update||Frost Legion, Santa Claus|
|1.1||December 1, 2011||Terraria 1.1||Hardmode, Wings, Mechanisms, Itemmodifiers, Mechanical Bosses|
|220.127.116.11||August 17, 2011||Sawmill|
|1.0.6||August 9, 2011||Critical hits, Damage types|
|1.0.5||June 23, 2011||Potions|
|1.0.4||June 10, 2011||King Slime, Vanity items|
|1.0.3||June 2, 2011||Tim|
|1.0.2||May 23, 2011||Sticky Bombs|
|1.0.1||May 17, 2011|
|1.0||May 16, 2011||Official Release|
- ↑Our goal and plan is to have both of these updates (for DD2 and Terraria) out to everyone on November 15th! (Nov 3, 2016)
- ↑Twitter @Terraria_Logic, Jul 19
- ↑In celebration of Terraria's 5th birthday, release date announced for PC 1.3.1 Update focusing on wiring mechanics and controller support.
- ↑www.terrariaonline.com ➝ forums ➝ News ➝ Dev Blog ➝ thread: Terraria 1.2.1 Halloween Update!
- ↑Terraria 18.104.22.168 3 October 2013
- ↑www.terrariaonline.com ➝ forums ➝ News & Features ➝ thread: Terraria 1.2 Is Now Out!
- ↑Terraria 1.1.2 17 January 2012
- ↑Terraria 1.1.1: Christmas Update! 15 December 2011
- ↑Welcome to Terraria 1.1! 1 December 2011
- ↑22.214.171.124 Changelog 17 August 2011
- ↑1.0.6 Changelog 9 August 2011
- ↑1.0.5 Changelog 23 June 2011
- ↑1.0.4 Change Log 10 June 2011
- ↑1.0.3 Change Log 2 June 2011
- ↑Patch Notes 1.0.2 23 May 2011
- ↑Terraria Patch 1.0.1 17 May 2011