An error “you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime”, is encountered when you open any Adobe application.
Java Runtime Environment for Mac (JRE for Mac) allows you to play online games, chat with people around the world, calculate your mortgage interest, and view images in 3D, just to name a few. It's also integral to the intranet applications and other e-business.
With Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and later, the Java runtime is no longer installed automatically as part of the OS installation. Follow any of the methods below to install Java runtime.
- Java SE Runtime دانلود نرم افزار Java SE Runtime جاوا ران تایم به شما اجازه می دهد تا برنامه هایی که با زبان برنامه نویسی جاوا نوشته شده اند را اجرا کنید. با نصب نرم افزار Java SE Runtime پلاگین موتور جاوا به برنامه های ویندوز و نیز مرورگر.
- Java for OS X follows the “Write once, run anywhere” tag line of the Java runtime and this means that developers do not need to make any type of adaptations or modifications to their Java apps in order for them to run on a Mac computer. Because Java for OS X is so easy installable and the operating system.
- With Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and later, the Java runtime is no longer installed automatically as part of the OS installation. Follow any of the methods below to install Java runtime. Method 1 You can download and install the latest Java runtime from the Java website - Download Free Java Software.
Java Download For Mac
You can download and install the latest Java runtime from the Java website - Download Free Java Software.
On Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite), when you launch any Adobe product, you might receive a warning 'The Application has been moved and its path has been changed..'.
Download Legacy Java Se 6 Runtime For Mac
Click Repair Now or Update button to update the location and resolve the issue. When prompted for password, enter your system password to complete.
If Java runtime is not installed, you are prompted to install when you first launch any Adobe product. Follow the onscreen instructions in the Java required notification dialog box to install.
Use the following method to initiate the Java runtime installation or confirm if it is installed.
- Go to Applications > Utilities > Java Preferences.
If Java is not installed, you receive the following message: “To open “Java Preferences,' you need a Java runtime. Would you like to install one now?”
- Click Install and accept the license agreement. The Java runtime is downloaded and installed.
Many Adobe applications depend on the Oracle Java Runtime Environment (JRE) for some features to work. Apple recently changed the way it includes Java in Mac OS, and with Lion, Java is no longer preinstalled. It is now an optional install that you must select.
Since current Adobe installers and applications were built before these changes by Apple, Adobe software anticipates that Java is installed. Adobe and Apple have worked together to ensure that you can install Java at OS install time. Or it can be installed later before you install Adobe applications. At runtime, when you launch an Adobe application, you are prompted to install Java if it is not already installed. If you do not install Java before running an Adobe application, there can be missing or improperly behaving features. If you encounter any issues, install Java to correct the problems. Adobe recommends that corporate IT organizations pre install Java (or make sure that Java can be installed through their firewalls/security) to avoid conflicts with Adobe applications.
If the Java runtime is not installed, some issues that are known to occur include -
- Failure to launch.
- Install Java runtime prompts when you attempt to use the applications.
- Applications hang or quit.