Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack. Free for personal, educational or evaluation use under the terms of the VirtualBox Personal Use and Evaluation License on Windows, Mac.
- JC virtual machine v.1.4.7JC is a Javavirtualmachine implementation that converts class files into C source files using the Soot Java bytecode analysis framework, compiles them with GCC, and loads them using a built-in ELF object loader. JC uses GNU Classpath's class ..
- Waba Virtual Machine v.20010521A small, efficient and reliable javavirtualmachine aimed at portable devices (but also runnable on desktop computers), initially written by Rick Wild of Wabasoft. This account is for the development of the VM core and the associated core java ..
- Joeq virtual machine v.20030812A Java 2 (JDK 1.3/1.4) compatible virtualmachine. joeq is unique in that it is almost entirely implemented in Java, making it reliable and efficient. It is also language-independent, so code from any language can be seamlessly and dynamically ..
- FUEL Virtual Machine v.1.6A virtualmachine providing a dynamic, portable assembler; JIT compilation; C bindings; and Forth ..
- Java State Machine Framework v.1.0This is java State Machine Framework for all OS platforms. The framework is for modeling any event processing system as a state machine. This aims to separate the state transition and event handling logic from the business logic and let developers ..
- Java Virtual System v.0.1JavaVirtual System (JVS) is built around a virtual file system (VFS) - a common platform of Java, by Java, for Java. JVS extends JVM and makes it from an interpreter running half-compiled code a first-class ..
- OKit Virtual Machine v.rcObject Tree, VirtualMachine and Compiler for Concatenative Languages, in a shared library - [This project is obsolete, and has been superseeded by the XCL suit, available at ..
- The Dirt Virtual Machine v.b01.2003The Dirt virtualmachine is designed to be easily used as a scripting engine or runtime core in C or C++ projects. The language itself is very similar to C. The tools have been created from scratch (no lex/bison/yacc) and are very ..
- Java Virtual Keyboard v.011This project is a highly configurable Virtual Unicode Keyboard written in Java. You might want to use it to type some words in a foreign character set with your ..
- JavaHMI - Java Human Machine Interface v.0.1.3JavaHMI is a Java API for developing human machine interfaces. It is based on a observable/event driven control pattern. JavaHMI's graphical components can be programatically attached to embedded or remote machine control ..
- Mips Virtual Machine v.1.0A Java-written MIPS simulator developed to stimulate people learning the Assembly language. It adds graphics, sounds and user interation to make writing assembly programs more ..
- The Jau Virtual Machine v.1.0Jau, a VM in Java with tail-calls & ..
- IDAutomation Java Barcode Package for Mac OS v.9.11The JavaBeans, Applets, Servlets and Class Libraries in this package may be used on any platform with a JavaVirtualMachine, including Windows, Linux, MacOS, Unix, Solaris, HP/UX, AS/400 and OS/390 to integrate automated barcoding in Java ..
- Jasmin - a Java assembler v.2.4Jasmin is a Java Assembler. It takes ASCII descriptions for Java classes, written in a simple assembler-like syntax. It converts them into binary Java .class class files suitable for loading into a JavaVirtualMachine ..
- Z-Machine Preservation Project v.1An Interactive Fiction Player written for JavaVirtualMachine. It implements the Z-machine and Glulx specifications and can be used either standalone or as an applet. The Z-Code/Glulx interpreter runs adventures made by Infocom and contemporary ..
- Axiomatic Multi-Platform C v.1.6.8AMPC is a C Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that generates Java BytecodeAMPC offers you a C Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that generates Java Bytecode. The resulting executables will be able to run on any JavaVirtualMachine ..
- Pdfsam for Mac OS X v.2.2.1pdfsam is an open source tool (GPL license) designed to handle pdf files. It's released in 2 versions, basic and enhanced. Requirements: pdfsam branch 1: JavaVirtualMachine 1.4.2 or higher pdfsam branch 2: JavaVirtualMachine 1.6 or higher ..
- Jython v.2.5.2Jython is a Java implementation of the Python language. It allows users to compile Python source code to Java byte codes, and run the resulting bytecodes on any JavaVirtualMachine. It is the successor to ..
- Kissme v.0.0.32kissme is a free (GPLed) JavaVirtualMachine. It is being developed on GNU/Linux and can run console java applications. kissme is to be used with the GNU Classpath java class library. kissme also provides support for orthogonally persistent ..
- This will check for the basic VM and install an older version onto Vista/XP, and then you need to go to Microsoft and install the Java 4.0 SDK which will give you the newer base java components. You can get those from this link: Microsoft SDK for Java 4.0 for Windows 95/98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista.
- You can set the memory available to the java VM using this parameters:-Xms64m -Xmx200m -Xms specifies the minimum memory; -Xmx the maximum one. You have to specify them when you run your app. For example, if you a jar named app.jar, you can run it typing. Java -Xms64m -Xmx512m -jar app.jar.
- Download and install the latest Java Virtual Machine in Internet Explorer. Go to www.java.com. Click Free Java Download. Click Agree and Start Free Download. Notes: If prompted by the User Account Control window, click Yes. If prompted by the Security Warning window, click Run.
- For the first part, that JavaVM points to the Mac JavaVM (1.6). Taking a closer look at the Info.plist files, it looks like the Mac Java supports JNI (amongst other things), while the Oracle Java supports only CommandLine. It does not look like you can link to 1.7 on Mac.
- The Jau Virtual Machine Jau, a VM in Java with tail-calls &
- ZPlet: BLORB fork of a Z-Machine in Java ZPlet is an interpreter for programs using the Z- Machine
- C-MOR IP Video Surveillance VM Software C-MOR Video Surveillance VM is a Virtual Machine
- EasyCharts EasyCharts is a complete library of java chart components,
- BitNami Redmine Stack for Mac OS Greatly simplifies the deployment of Redmine and its
- BitNami Mantis Stack for Mac OS X BitNami Mantis Stack greatly simplifies the deployment of
- Mac-on-Mac Mac-on-Mac 0.2 is designed to be a helpful program with
- Pdfsam for Mac OS X pdfsam is an open source tool (GPL license) designed to
- Parallels Desktop for Mac Best virtualization solution for running Windows natively on
This article provides non-exhaustive lists of Java SEJava virtual machines (JVMs). It does not include every Java ME vendor. Note that Java EE runs on the standard Java SE JVM but that some vendors specialize in providing a modified JVM optimized for Java EE applications. Much Java development work takes place on Windows, Solaris, Linux and FreeBSD, primarily with the Oracle JVMs. Note the further complication of different 32-bit/64-bit varieties.
The primary reference Java VM implementation is HotSpot, produced by Oracle Corporation.
Free and open source implementations
- Azul Zulu — is an OpenJDK build supported by Azul Systems and is compliant with the Java SE 11, 8, 7, and 6 standards.
- Codename One — uses the open source ParparVM
- Eclipse OpenJ9 — open-source from IBM J9, for Windows, AIX, Linux (x86, Power, and Z), macOS, MVS, OS/400, Pocket PC, z/OS.
- GraalVM — is based on HotSpot/OpenJDK, it has a polyglot feature, to transparently mix and match supported languages.
- HotSpot — the open-source Java VM implementation by Oracle.
- JamVM — developed to be an extremely small virtual machine compared to others. Designed to use GNU Classpath. Supports several architectures. GPL.
- Jikes RVM (Jikes Research Virtual Machine) — research project. PPC and IA-32. Supports Apache Harmony and GNU Classpath libraries. Eclipse Public License.
- leJOS — Robotics suite, a firmware replacement for Lego Mindstorms programmable bricks, provides a Java programming environment for the Lego Mindstorms RCX and NXT robots.
- Maxine — meta-circular open source research VM from Oracle Labs and the University of Manchester.
- Apache Harmony — supports several architectures and systems. Discontinued November 2011. Apache License 2.0.
- GCJ the GCC Java compiler, that compiles either to bytecode or to native machine code. As of GCC 7, gcj and associated libjava runtime library have been removed from GCC.
- IKVM.NET — Java for Mono and the Microsoft .NET Framework. Uses OpenJDK. Zlib License.
- JOP — hardware implementation of the JVM. GPL 3.
- Juice — JavaME experimental JVM developed to run on the NUXI operating system.
- Jupiter — uses Boehm garbage collector and GNU Classpath. GPL. Unmaintained.
- Kaffe — uses GNU Classpath. GPL. 1.1.9 released on February 26, 2008.
- Mika VM — intended for use in embedded devices. Cross-platform. BSD-style licence.
- NanoVM — developed to run on the Atmel AVR ATmega8 used in the Asuro Robot, can be ported to other AVR-based systems.
- SableVM — first free software JVM to support JVDMI and JDWP. Makes use of GNU Classpath. LGPL. Version 1.13 released on March 30, 2007.
- Squawk virtual machine — a Java ME VM for embedded systems and small devices. Cross-Platform. GPL.
- SuperWaba — Java-like virtual machine for portable devices. GPL. Discontinued, succeeded by TotalCross.
- TakaTuka — for wireless sensor network devices. GPL.
- VMKit of LLVM.
- Wonka VM — developed to run on Acunia's ARM-based hardware. Some code drawn from GNU Classpath. BSD-style licence. No longer under active development, superseded by Mika VM.
Java Vm Mac Os X Download
Java operating systems
Some JVM's are intended to run without an underlying OS. My apps for mac.
- JX Java operating system that focuses on a flexible and robust operating system architecture developed as an open source system by the University of Erlangen. GPL. Version 0.1.1 released on October 10, 2007
- JavaOS - Original project from Sun Microsystems
- PreonVM — a bare metal Java VM for embedded systems.
- Azul Zing JVM — a full compliant Java Virtual Machine based on OpenJDK that uses Azul Systems's C4 garbage collector.
- JamaicaVM (aicas) — a hard real-time Java VM for embedded systems.
- Excelsior JET — a licensed Java SE implementation with AOT compiler for Windows, OS X, and Linux on Intel x86 and Linux on 32-bit ARM.
- Jinitiator — developed by Oracle before they purchased Sun. Designed to improve support for Oracle Forms in web sites.
- JRockit (originally from Appeal Virtual Machines) — acquired by Oracle for Linux, Windows and Solaris.
- Mac OS Runtime for Java (MRJ).
- Microsoft Java Virtual Machine — discontinued in 2001.
Lesser-known proprietary Java virtual machines
- Blackdown Java was a licensed port to Linux of the reference SunSoft implementation. It was discontinued in 2007, after OpenJDK became available.
- Sun CVM — CVM originally standing for 'Compact Java Virtual Machine'.
- Gemstone — modified for Java EE features (application DBMS).
- Intent (Tao Group).
- PreonVM — a Java VM for embedded systems and small and resource constrained devices.