The most popular cross-platform multimedia player used by almost everyone. When boredom strikes, all we need is a media player to stream our multimedia whenever and wherever we want. VLC media player eases the work for us. It provides us with advanced features to enhance our experience with the multimedia files. Most of us have come across this media player at least once while playing our media files on computers or smartphones.
Free Mac Media Player is the best video player for Mac users. You can use it to playback videos in MP4/AVI/MKV/MOV/FLV/WMV and other formats smoothly. Therefore, whether you have downloaded videos from YouTube, or downloaded flash videos from other sites, or recorded videos with your camcorder, you can playback them all with this video player. One of the unique features of MX Player for MAC is that it downloads subtitles during playback which helps a lot. Also, you can do track synchronization. You can also live stream the videos from the internet using VLC Player for Mac. Overall, the player is magnificent, with advanced features, and I recommend it for your MAC. G/O Media may get a commission. Mario Tennis Aces. This one’s a no-brainer, right? Powered by the open source media player mpv, IINA can play almost every media file you have. With the support of youtube-dl and our browser extensions, you can also play a variety of online streams in IINA via one click. Please feel free to contribute to it by opening an issue, sending a feature request or a bug report on GitHub or by email. Download web videos in one click and build your collections; Instantly identify famous people with one click; Automatically organize your video library to search, browse, and quickly find videos and scenes with the people you want; Faster and friendlier with a redesigned UI and hundreds of improvements; Get the media player that started the digital media revolution.
If you have absolutely no idea about what VLC media player is and how it should be used, you are in the right place! Let us know more about the VLC media player.
What is a VLC media player?
As the name suggests, the VLC media player is an open-source media player to stream different types of media files such as audio and video. The VLC media player is available for both computers and mobile platforms such as android, windows, iOS, and many more.
The VLC media player also supports compression methods for audio and video. We all need a reliable app or software to play our multimedia files, and the VLC media player is the best choice among all. The VLC player can stream media files over computer networks and can also compress them.
Advantages of VLC Media Player:
The VLC media player has many advantages. Some of them are listed below:
- Formats: The VLC player supports a wide range of file formats, which makes it more useful.
- Portability: When a DVD manufactured in another region is played on a media player in a different area, the format is not supported by the media players. Illegal DVD spoofing programs are required to play a DVD from other regions. However, VLC media player can even play DVD manufactured in different areas. If you are traveling to another country, you don’t need to install another player to play your media if you have the VLC media player.
- AirTunes: For Apple users, the AirTunes streaming feature allows the playing of media files on your home speakers.
- Effortless use: The VLC media player is light in size and is effortless to use along with the other apps. While playing the VLC media player on Windows or Mac, you will experience smooth multitasking.
- Convert: The most important feature that the VLC media player has is its ability to convert any file to a supported format. Mobile phones don’t support PDF file format of multimedia, using VLC media player, you can convert the PDF files into mp3 or mp4. MP3 and MP4 also occupy less space than PDF files.
- Screenshots: Another cool feature of the VLC player is, you can take screenshots while playing your media files.
- Record Videos: You can even record video while playing media files on your device. You can click on View>Advacned Control to get to the hidden Record button. Click on the button and stop it by clicking it again when you are finished with the recording.
- Subtitles: While playing a movie, you don’t always have the option of playing subtitles along with it. The VLC media player supports subtitles in your movies. You can download subtitle files from any website available online. Rename the subtitle file such that it matches that of the movie name. Play the file and right-click on the screen, go to subtitles and Bingo! Your subtitles get enabled.
- RAR files: You can play videos that are zipped inside a RAR file.
- Easy to use: The interface of the VLC player is user-friendly and easy to understand.
- Online Radio: You have numerous shortcuts to radio stations in the VLC media player. You can browse any radio station of your choice and enjoy the music.
- Drag and Drop: You can just drag a file and drop onto the icon of the VLC media player to play it. This feature is easy to use and is less time-consuming.
The VLC media player software is available freely for Mac systems. Let us know more about the VLC media player on Mac.
Suggested App – MX player Download
Windows Media Player For Mac Free
Requirements to Download VLC Media Player For MAC:
The versions Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later support VLC media player. The player runs on any 64 bit Intel-based Mac.
Steps to Download VLC Media Player For MAC:
Media Player Download For Mac Free
With so many advantages of the VLC media player, let us know some steps of how we can download and install it on our devices.
Step 1: Download the VLC media player online for Mac OS X version from any third-party website.
Step 2: After you finish downloading the VLC media player, locate the downloaded file on your device.
Step 3: Open the file, and after some verification of contents, it gets open.
Step 4: Click and drag the icon of the VLC player onto the applications folder and release it.
Windows Media Player For Mac Free Download 11
Step 5: The VLC media player will get copied to your application folder.
Step 6: Double click on the orange-colored cone-like icon of the VLC player to open it.
Step 7: Grant the required permissions if your Mac asks for it.
Step 8: After the procedure, the VLC media player will get launched.
Step 9: Stream and use the media player with all ease.
The best thing about VLC media player is that it is absolutely free and can be used by anyone. Whenever you get stuck about the downloading or installation procedure of the VLC media player, you can refer to the information given above to get a clear idea.
Must Read: Apple Music Free Trial
Do you want to download MX Player dmg for your Mac computer? Read this tutorial carefully and learn how to download and install MX Player on Mac. MX Player is loaded with tons of features and a handy user interface. It is the perfect blend of simplicity, with enhanced features. The most admired feature of this player is its gestures. These gestures can make video playback experience effortless and smooth. You can pinch zoom, scroll for brightness and volume on respective sides, move out the video on the home screen, and much more.
Many people want these cool features on their Mac computer. MX player is a great player on all platforms. But unfortunately, it is only available on the Android platform. However, there are few workarounds that can help you to download MX Player for PC and MAC Computer. All you need to do is follow the step by step guide below and within a few minutes, you are able to use MX Player on your Mac.Contents
2.1 VLC Media Player for Mac 2.2 KM Player 2.2.1 Final Thoughts How to Install MX Player on MAC using BlueStacks
- You have to first download an android emulator (like BlueStacks) to install MX Player on Mac. You can download bluestacks from the download link below.
- After downloading it, click on the install button, and proceed as per the screen instructions.
- Once BlueStacks is installed on your Mac, open the application and click on the search button.
- Type MX player, no results appear but check slightly below the search bar, on the left, you see a link “Search for MX Player on Google Play.”
- Click on that, and you can see the installation page of the MX Player.
- Install the MX player like every other App on Google play, and once it is done (MX player takes some time to install. It depends on your internet speed). Enjoy using MX Player on your Mac via BlueStacks
Pro Tip: There is an alternative method. You can directly download
Best Media Player For Mac Free DownloadDownload Bluestacks for Mac
Is there MX Player Available for Mac Computers
No, there is no official MX Player app from developers on iTunes. So installing it on a Mac through iTunes is impossible. But you can find similar media players. One similar player is an MX video player. It has the same type of user interface and it runs on the iPhone pretty smoothly. But it is an app from a less popular developer, and I suggest you go for an MX Player for Windows phone app rather than using that app.
There are only two alternatives to MX player on MAC, some of them may be useless and not worth downloading. These players already put up a great competition for the MX player, and I hope you are well versed in them. Their first appearance for windows, and then to iOS. Check these best Media Player Apps for Mac from Below.
VLC Media Player for Mac
VLC is known for playing almost all types of audio and video files. The player has a unique codec pack, developed by very talented developers. The settings and preferences of VLC have lots of options, which make it one of the best players available for MAC.
One of the unique features of MX Player for MAC is that it downloads subtitles during playback which helps a lot. Also, you can do track synchronization. You can also live stream the videos from the internet using VLC Player for Mac. Overall, the player is magnificent, with advanced features, and I recommend it for your MAC.
KM Player is new in the league, but, it makes a good impression almost instantly. The playback of the player is smooth. You can minimize the player by pressing the escape button. It is a helpful feature. Also, live it supports streaming. KM player has unique gray color skin, which is appealing and looks good. The performance of the player is less than VLC, but it has some good features
I think they’re pretty good alternatives to MX player, some of them are even better when it comes to Mac versions. So I think you should definitely try them out. After trying them you can tell us in the comment section about the best media player for Mac. You surely won’t be disappointed.
Torrent for mac download. Download the official µTorrent® (uTorrent) torrent client for Windows, Mac, Android or Linux- uTorrent is the #1 bittorrent download client on desktops worldwide.0/5 (0 Reviews) Scroll back to top