PLEX MEdia Server. Plex Media Server is an amazing media center for Mac OS that really has great. Plex PC Download. While the Plex app is aimed at handheld devices, it is always good to watch movies on the big screens. However, given that it is intended at handheld devices and PC/Laptop run with Windows or OS X, a direct installation is not possible. My Mac mini runs OS X Server ($20, or free with a paid Apple developer account), which allows me to use it for such things as caching software updates, and storing Time Machine backups of other Macs. Media Center plugin that presents your media with a simple, intuitive, and fast interface.
Kodi for Mac is popular nowadays. It brings unprecedented entertainment that has been unavailable to the Apple users before Kodi existed. As you all know, Mac OS has a lot of restrictions and rules when it comes to their media files. They always want you to get all your entertainment through the iTunes. That means you must pay for it if you want to enjoy it.
Well, not everything from iTunes is a paid product. That would be an exaggeration. There are some free items that you can avail from the internet using Apple devices such as the Kodi app for iOS phones and sometimes from iTunes as well. But the fact still remains that Mac OS is not as open and not as liberated as the Windows devices.
That is why it is such a pleasant surprise that the XBMC (Xbox Media Center) developers finally included Kodi for Mac. Gone are the days where there were only Kodi for Windows, Kodi for Android, Kodi for Xbox consoles, or Kodi for Firestick. And for those of you Mac OS users, we have a treat for you. We will guide you through the step-by-step guide on how to install Kodi for Mac.Contents
2.1 Is Kodi Safe? 2.2 Use Kodi with VPN 2.3 FAQ 2.3.1 In Conclusion
DOWNLOAD KODI FOR MAC
Download Kodi for Mac
Want to know more about Kodi? Read our articles on Kodi Repositories, Kodi build, and Kodi no limits.
How to install Kodi for Mac
Kodi for Mac installation is easy and straightforward. You only need to follow these simple steps, and you should be done in a few minutes or a few steps. You do not even need an advanced knowledge of coding. This is as simple as getting an app from iTunes. Only that, you will be getting Kodi for Mac outside of the iTunes.
Anyway, let’s not prolong your excitement. Here is how to install Kodi for Mac.
- Let’s start with getting the Kodi installer by clicking on the download button above.
- Once the download initiates, just wait a few seconds or minutes depending on your internet speed.
- As soon as the download finishes, you should find the Kodi installer on the Mac default download folder.
- Once you see the Kodi installer that you just downloaded, click on it to open the file.
- Wait for a few seconds until a window prompt will appear. Click or drag on the Kodi icon to the Application folder and drop it in to start the unpacking of the software.
- A pop-up notification will appear that says “Copying Kodi to Applications.”
- You may now close the Kodi window prompt and open the “Finder” icon.
- Click on “Applications” to see the list of installed apps.
- Scroll up or down to find the Kodi app. You may also use the “Search” service on the top-right corner of the window if you have too many apps installed that makes it hard for you to find Kodi.
- When you see it, click on it to start Kodi.
- A prompt will tell you that Kodi is damaged, do not believe it. This happens because Mac OS does not want you to install third-party apps downloaded outside of iTunes.
- Click on “Cancel” and do not click on “Move to Thrash.”
- What you should do instead is click on the Apple icon on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Click on “System Preferences” just below the “About this Mac.”
- On the new window, click on the “Security & Privacy.”
- Under the “General” tab, you will see “Allow Apps Downloaded From:”.
- There should be three options below, if you are using the latest Mac OS version, there will only be two options and you will not find the “Anywhere” option. But if you are using the old Mac OS version, just tick on the “Anywhere” option.
- Now, if you do not see the “Anywhere” option, click on the lock icon just below the open window.
- Once you click it, you will be asked for your password. Just type it in and click on the “Unlock” button.
- What you should do is open the “Launchpad” app. From there, open the “Other” folder.
- Inside the “Other” folder, click on the “Terminal” app.
- Once the “Terminal” app is open, type in this command: sudo spctl –master-disable
- You may also copy the command and just paste it to the Terminal window before pressing Enter.
- Next is to type in your computer’s password then press Enter again.
- Now you may close the Terminal window.
- Click on the “Back” button on the “Security & Privacy” window to go to the “System Preferences” window again.
- Click the “Security & Privacy” again to enter it.
- This time, the third option “Anywhere” will now appear on the list of choices.
- Tick on the “Anywhere” and close the “Security & Privacy” window.
- Now go back to the “Application” window and find the Kodi app again.
- Click on the Kodi icon and this time, the error notification will not appear. Instead, you should see the “Verifying Kodi” notification.
- On the next prompt that will appear, you will be asked if you really want to open Kodi. You can just ignore it and click on the “Open” button.
- That’s it. You now have Kodi for Mac installed on your system.
Is Kodi Safe?
With all the notification and prompts that you encountered during the installation, you must wonder if Kodi is safe. Yes, Kodi is safe for your system. That is if you got Kodi software from us or Kodi.tv website. We are the only ones that provide original and safe Kodi installers on the internet.
The only time that Kodi will not be safe for your Mac OS is if you downloaded the installer from other shady websites and sources. As you might have learned that Kodi is a popular app, it is no surprise that there are some people who want to modify and exploit Kodi to do their bidding.
So in the spirit of safe browsing and use of safe apps and software, make sure to get your installer from trusted sources. This is to prevent modified Kodi installers from causing damage to your system or your privacy overall.
Enjoy Kodi on best devices that you have. Read more about the best movies for Kodi and live TV on Kodivedia.
Use Kodi with VPN
In case you find that streaming media from certain web content sources gets a little bit slower than usual, we have a solution for you. This happens especially when you know that you have great internet service, but you still get a buffering screen. We highly recommend you to use a VPN app.
VPN or Virtual Private Network is a form of internet access that hides your identity by using some international servers to make it look like you are located somewhere else and not in your home or current location.
This VPN can help you get better access to some of your favorite online media sources or video streaming services. You can choose any VPN app that you like as long as they are reliable especially for video streaming activities.
We can recommend you five VPN apps if you do not know what to use. Here are your options.
- TunnelBear VPN
- Private Internet Access
- CyberGhost VPN
As I said, there are more VPN services you can check out. But these five can do the job pretty much great. So it is up to you to try them out or not, but we will highly suggest using a VPN app by any means possible.
But if you are okay with your current internet connection and video streaming performance, you can just ignore this advice and start enjoying your Kodi for Mac.
Websites to watch free movies for Mac?1. Viewster
5. Pluto TV
Kodi for Mac is a great entertainment center that can deliver the best multimedia experience. It is popular and even received some global awards because it is really as great as you might expect. It is not a perfect app, but it is much better than most similar entertainment apps.
In today’s question, do you think the Kodi for Mac is a great choice for all of the Apple device users? If you are not yet sure, what other entertainment software out there that you think is as good as or even better than Kodi? Tell us what you think. We would love to know your thoughts and opinions.
You may also leave your questions if you have any in the comment section below. We will try to answer all your queries as soon as we can. Please note that we prioritize those helpful questions that can help others in this community.5/5 (1 Review)
Plexus For Mac Os 10.10
Was this Helpful ?
Want to convert your Mac computer into an an amazing home theatre device? Looking for a feature-rich, highly customizable media center? There are only few options available in the market and you need to search them hard. Well, not this time as we have worked on the list and brought to you the 8 best media centers for Mac. Here are our tried and tested apps for an amazing home theatre experience. Many of them are free!
1. PLEX MEdia Server
Image source: variety.com
Plex Media Server is an amazing media center for Mac OS that really has great features that enables seamless streaming of media files on your home network. Additionally, the tool is also compatible with other front-end players like Kodi.
Plex Media Server helps you to find all your favorite media without any hassle. It is capable of transcoding TV recordings on basis of the device and network you’re using. Therefore, media will play effortlessly on your device. You can continue watching same videos on different devices using Plex. For instance, if watch a video on your home theatre and you continue watching it on another device like iPAD.
Must Read:Top 10 Must Have Menu Bar Apps for your Mac
Plex media Server has a DVR server and a inbuilt live TV. You can record live TV and watch it later on Plex.
2. Kodi Media Center (earlier known as XBMC)
Image source: dailyecho.co.uk
Kodi media Center is probably one of the best media centers in the list. Though, it’s bit complex to install the software, Kodi Media Center has got some amazing features.
Kodi was created as a media interface for Xbox console. further, it came out as a powerful media center for Mac OS X, Android, Windows and Linux. The software can majorly run all media file formats. The user interface of Kodi looks beautiful without any adjustments. Nevertheless, you can download different skins online that can be used modify the player according to your preference. Last but not the least, you can find several add-ons for Kodi media center which makes Kodi a must try software for users.
3. JRiver Media Center
Image source: jriver.com
JRiver Media Center is a great media player that provides a ‘Jukebox’ style interface (iTunes). The application generally occupies the entire screen and is appropriate for HDTV. The software supports every codec, even the most recent one, and plays music with amazing sound quality. JRiver Media Center comes with YouTube, Hulu and Netflix services integrated. Hence, it is perfect for watching online videos. The software can be greta pick for you if you love playing formats like WAV, WM, ALAC, APE and FLAC files. You can use the trial version for free. JRiver Media Center for Mac costs $49.98.
Image source: emby.media
Emby is an amazing media center that centrally manages media files and allows you to play them using a front-end application. The software organizes your files in such way that you just few clicks to search and play them. Additionally, you organize media libraries for each family member. They can play and pause the videos according to their convenience from multiple devices. As Plex media Server, Emby also has an inbuilt live TV where you can record live TV and watch it later. Again, you can get the Emby add-on for Kodi player.
Must Read: 7 Best HDR Software For Mac In 2017
Image source: amazon.com
SageTV is another great software that has been created to enhance the television viewing experience. It’s now acquired by Google.
Os X Mac
SageTV is an cutting-edge software that enables you to manage your media center from various devices. However, the team-up with Google has exposed them to a much larger audience worldwide. The tool is reaching more devices and different platforms. We are sure that SageTV is going to make it large in the world of online entertainment in near future.
Image source: myopensourcestore.com
Though Freevo was designed primarily for Linux, it runs smoothly on Mac OS X. it’s an media center tool that integrates PVR/DVR functionality with music, home automation, gaming, video etc. The tool is created in Python language (a powerful programming language) and embeds powerful players like vlc, xine, and mplayer.
Freevo is a cross-platform software that watches & record TV simultaneously, supports multi-tuners, and play and copy DVDs. It plays all formats supported by xine, vlc and mplayer. You can watch movie trailers, fetch video info., backup audio CDs, and play audio formats like mp3, Wav, Ogg and even Flac. With Freevo, you can listen to internet radio, read news, play games and even control your home equipments like sockets, lights etc.
You can also import and look at photos from a digital camera through Freevo. Freevo is undoubtedly a perfect HTPC software for Mac computers.
7. Myth TV
Image source: techshout.com
We have another amazing open-source software in the list which is called MythTV. It is a free DVR and media center that manages music collections, videos, and image files and also updates you about weather through its user interface. MythTV can be converted into a HTPC suite with the help of its plugin.
MythTV can watch and record TV like any other media center. It can pause, resume, rewind and skip live TV shows and entirely automate commercial detection or skipping. It cleverly schedules records to avoid collision in operations. MythTV has the ‘parental control’ feature that keeps away kids from the shows for grown ups. You can tune in to your favorite music collection and watch DVDs. You can control many operations remotely with the help of your web browser.
In a nutshell, MythTV is loaded with many features that you will love for sure.
Plexus For Mac Os 10.13
Image source: theipadguide.com
Plexus Mac Os
Plexus For Mac Os High Sierra
Boxee like Kodi media center, is a XBMC based media center which is developed by D-Link. It was designed for Boxee Box. Boxee has many features like an inbuilt browser, basic architecture and high quality video streaming.
One of the best (may be annoying for few users) is that it will buffer the video until the software knows that the user can watch the video without interruption. Hence, you can watch videos without any hiccups even with slow internet connection. Boxee has apps like Navi-X Remix, YouTube and Netflix. With these amazing apps, you can watch almost any video on the Internet. You can also browse the Xtreme Media Portal by Navi which contains a vast quantity of user-provided video content.
Boxee can smoothly integrate with social network like YouTube Facebook and Twitter. You can find feeds on the left side of Boxee’s panel. Short and sweet, Boxee provides an elegant social experience.
Must Read: How To Secure Your Mac With Systweak Anti-Malware
Therefore, you can choose any media center software from the list provided above. Your selection should be based on your requirements. Hope you choose the right software and enjoy the experience.