Jun 12,2019 • Filed to: Record Videos • Proven solutions
Watching videos online can be a lot of fun. However, sometimes you might need to download the videos and watch them offline at a later date. This can be achieved by using one of the several video download tools that allows you to capture videos from a website and save them to your computer's hard drive. A good example of a video download application is the Real Player video recorder software.
Part 1. How to Record Video Easily with Real Player Alternative
Real Player is a great application for downloading videos. However, the software is prone to a number of problems, such as not displaying the download button. In some cases, the Real Player will display an 'unable to download this video' error message when you click on the button. In such a case, you might consider using other alternatives to save the video to your computer. One of the best Real Player alternatives is iTube HD Video Downloader.
iTube HD Video Downloader - The Best Real Player Alternative
Before you start, check the version of Safari running on your Mac. To display the version number, choose Safari About Safari. If your Safari version is 11.0 or later, follow the steps in For Mac OS X 10.11, macOS 10.12, and later.; If your Safari version is 10.0 or later, follow the steps in For Mac OS X 10.10. The previous player, RealPlayer 11, was the first media player to download videos from the internet (e.g. YouTube, MetaCafe.) and this with only one easy and simple button click. Real's media player comes in two versions: RealPlayer Basic & RealPlayer Plus (or Gold). Launch the RealPlayer application and sign-in or create a RealTimes account. RealPlayer is a closed source cross-platform media player by RealNetworks that plays a number of multimedia formats including MP3, MPEG-4, QuickTime, Windows Media, and multiple versions of proprietary RealAudio and RealVideo formats. All your media is backed up into one secure cloud. Watch on the go. Access your photos & videos anytime, on any phone, tablet, PC or TV. Making Your Life Easier. Easily manage and enjoy all of your videos and photos with RealPlayer and RealTimes. RealPlayer The ultimate media hub for your PC.
- One-click video download from multiple websites - The application allows you to download videos from a wide range of video sharing websites such as YouTube, Hulu, VEVO, Metacafe, Dailymotion and others.
- Automatic video detection – It comes with a download button function, which is integrated with your browser when you install the application on your computer.
- Multiple video download support - Another great thing about this video recorder is that you can download multiple videos simultaneously.
- Built-in video converter – This Real Player video recorder alternative comes with a 'Download then Convert' which allows you to convert the downloaded videos to a specified video or audio format.
Tutorial for How to Record Video with Real Player Video Recorder Alternative
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to record embedded videos and save them to your computer.
Step 1. Run the Video Recorder
Download and install iTube HD Video Downloader on your computer. Launch the application and then go to the main interface.
Step 2. Record Videos on Your Computer
Real Time Player For Mac
Open your computer browser and go to your favorite video streaming website and find a video you want to record. Start playing the video and open the 'Record' menu of iTube HD Video Downloader. You can find a 'Record' button on the top of the interface. Click it and adjust the size of your recording window. After that, you can click the 'REC' button to start recording video.
Part 2. RealPlayer Not Recording Videos Troubleshooting
How to Use Real Player to Record Video
1) Download and install the RealPlayer application on your computer. The latest version of the software can be downloaded at RealPlayer.com.
2) Close your web browser to allow the download function of the software to be integrated with your web browser.
3) Reopen your browser and go to YouTube or any other video streaming website.
4) Find a video you want to download and start playing it. A download button 'Download This Video' will appear on the top right corner of the video screen.
5) Click on the drop-down icon on the download button to select your video preferences.
6) After you have set your preferences, click on the 'Download This Video' button to save the video to your computer.
RealPlayer Not Recording Videos Troubleshooting
RealPlayer refers to a simple tool that enables users to download and watch online videos anywhere, without the need to stream them. It also comes with other great features that enables you to enjoy a superior viewing experience when watching your favorite videos, convert videos to other formats, play and burn audio CDs of your podcasts, videos and music, secure your private videos using a PIN and do so much more. However, RealPlayer users complain that they encounter several problems while downloading their favorite videos. In this article, we discuss these issues and provide you with solution to each problem.
When Apple designed the MacBook keyboards, they were probably thinking of which commands we will be using the most when they assigned shortcuts to specific functions, but as with everything else that is being used by millions of people, actual usage does not always align with intended purpose, so many default keys are left unused while some missing keys remain desired. If you have a lot of unused keyboard shortcuts yourself and would like to replace their functions with something that you actually use, below is a guide on how to remap keys on your Mac. You can modify the functions of some keys, but there are some that you cannot. Remap keyboard for mac. Among the sets of keys that the functions of which you can easily change and remap according to your needs are the function and modifier keys.The function keys are usually located at the top most part of your keyboard and are either marked with a letter F followed by a number (e.g. Which Keys Can You Remap?There are several sets of keys on your Mac keyboard that perform individual functions.
1. 'Download this Video' Option Doesn't Appear
The 'Download this Video' option can't appear if you don't have the latest version of Real Player, your browser isn't supported, Adobe Flash Player is outdated or if the website that you have visited is preventing users from downloading content. So you simply need to update to the latest Real Player version, use a supported browser, install the latest Adobe Flash player or download the video from a site that is compatible with Real Player.
2. 'No Videos to Download on this Page' Error
This message can appear on the download tab, especially when you are streaming the video you would like to save into your computer. The website or video might be incompatible with Real Player for Chrome, Edge or Firefox. The 'Download This Video' feature works with most popular video websites, but it doesn't always support sites that need users to login in order to watch videos. We recommend that you download videos from recommended sites, but if you still see the 'No videos to download on this page' message, restart RealDownloader.
- Select the arrow icon located near the bottom right corner of your screen to access the system tray.
- Click the Real Player icon.
- Select the 'Rerstart RealDownloader' Option.
- Close and reopen your web browser to download videos.
3. Unable to Find Videos After Downloading Them
Real Player Mac Free Download
Videos downloaded through the RealPlayer's 'Download This Video' button are saved in the 'Videos' folder in RealPlayer. You can also find them in Recent Activity. But if you are unable to find your videos in RealPlayer library, they might be in your computers Downloads. Note that RealPlayer downloads may be saved in your computers 'Downloads' folder if the download is incomplete r the video cant be played back by RealPlayer.
4. 'Page Cannot Be Displayed' Error
This problem is common when your browser needs to be adjusted, your firewall or security software isn't allowing you to access that website, your browser is outdated, the browser is trying to play the file first, your internet connection is unstable or other programs are interfering. We recommend that you delete temporary files and adjust privacy & security settings, adjust your firewall or antivirus software to allow download, update your web browser, set the browser to save files rather than play them automatically and then close all the background applications.
5. 'Requested URL isn't Valid' Error Message
RealPlayer can't understand your web address or URL. Try clearing your internet cache and then load the page again. If you still get this error, we recommend that you contact the webmaster or content creator to let them know that the URL isn't working.