Jan 16, 2020 Hi I have created new users on my MyCloud but I cannot connect them through SAMBA. I would need to allow access to the shared folder directly from the operating system (Mac OS X through Finder) By logging in with a bro&hellip. Mac OS X allows you to connect to different network shares using the Connect to Server utility. Although this tutorial covers SMB, it can be used for other protocols too. Before you begin, make sure you have your NetID login account details before attempting to connect!
What is remote drive mapping?
Remote drive mapping is designed to make working with files on the Rutgers central server systems (that is, on RCI and Eden) as convenient as possible. With remote drive mapping, File Transfer Protocol (FTP) software or any other special software isn't needed to access files. Once connected via an assigned drive letter, the files will be just as easy to change as if they were located on your own hard disk.
- A valid RCI or EDEN account.
- For access off-campus, the Cisco VPN software configured to connect to the Rutgers network. Documentation located at http://oit.rutgers.edu/vpn/
- A Samba password, which must first be obtained by clicking on the Samba Access link on the respective system's Webtools page below. The Samba password, separate from the RCI or Eden password, will be sent to the account owner's e-mail address. The same holds true for departmental accounts and student organization accounts
- The path to connect to the shared folders There are two possible Samba paths. The first is www, the public_html directory in which Web page files are kept. The second is homes which is the special directory on the account which users are allowed to access using Samba.
- Finally the name of the host (i.e. RCI or Eden) upon which the share will be located.
Samba Server For Mac Osx
From the Mac OS X Toolbar click on the Go menu and select Connect to server
In the Server Address field. type in the appropriate path. The path will be entered in the following format: smb://system_name/share_name
Episodes from liberty city for mac. For example, to mount the RCI_drive directory type:
to mount the public_html directory.
Click on connect after the address has been written
Samba Server Icon Mac
Samba Server For Mac Windows 7
Click Connect to connect to the Samba directory. You will be prompted for your netid and your unique Samba password that was e-mailed to your RCI account
Files can now be moved, removed, and accessed as if the files were on the computer the user is using.