Collection of assorted stuff..
Rendering TermsSUWiki glossary of rendering terminology as it applies to SketchUp. CGI - Knowledge also has good, general definitions and examples of rendering terms.
Xmind torrent for mac os.
Integrated Add-ons Within SketchUp
- AmbientOcclusion LiteFluidInteractive, Inc - One-click visualization. Fee - Windows, Mac
- ArielVision Fee
- Bloom Unit Cloud-computing rendering, allowing live views and collaborative changes. Fee - Windows, Mac soon
- Brighter3D Free beta - Windows
- Carravaggio Fee
- Corona Renderer beta testing beginning 15-11-10
- FluidRay Fee - Windows
- IRender nXt & nXtRender Render Plus - Fully integrated rendering packages. Cloud rendering available. Able to render proxy substitutes placed in main SketchUp model. Renders outside of the SketchUp environment, taking advantage of full computaional abilities of your computer. Fee - Windows
- LightUp Enhances SU rendering by control lighting effects. - lux measurements for lighting design and landscaping, Web viewer too. Able to render proxy substitutes placed in main SketchUp model. Fee - Windows, Mac
- LumenRTe-on - Renderer which can create a fully interactive, photo-realistic animation and 3D executable viewer to share design. Fee - Windows, Mac
- Maxwell for SketchUp An extension rendering inside of the SketchUp environment. Free, fee - Windows, Mac
- OctaneRender Suite of VR products to capture, render and stream scenes. SketchUp plugin for intergration. Fee - Windows, Mac, Linux
- Podium Fee - Windows,Mac - manual The Essentials: Rendering With Podium V2
- Render[IN] - Real-time radiosity engine. beta - Windows, Mac
- Raylectron Fee. - Windows
- Renditioner Free and Fee - Windows, Mac
- ShaderlightArtVPS - Interactive, photorealistic rendering, cloud rendering ability and Cloud Rendering Mobile Viewer. Able to render proxy substitutes placed in main SketchUp model. An extension working outside of the SketchUp environment, taking advantage of full computational abilities of your computer. - Free, Fee - Windows, Mac
- SimLab Composer Imports/Exports many formats and has integrated rendering and animation editions.
- SketchAir Render with SiTex Graphics Air. Free, Fee - Windows, Linux
- SketchFX LiteFluidInteractive, Inc- Piranesi-like results (non-photorealistic)
- Thea for SketchUpThea Render - Integrated plugin. Fee - Windows, Mac
- Twilight Render Fee - Windows
- VisualizerImagination Technologies Group - Minimal renderer that only uses the SketchUp sun as a light source. Free - Windows, Mac
- Official support ended in May 2015. But this plugin can still be installed in SketchUp 2016 by moving a file and folder from the SketchUp 2015 installation
- Go to: C:ProgramDataSketchUpSketchUp 2015SketchUpPlugins
- Copy folder named 'ImaginationVisualizer' folder and 'ImaginationVisualizer.rb' file.
- Paste into: C:ProgramDataSketchUpSketchUp 2016SketchUpPlugins
- Open SketchUp 2016. If the Visualizer icon did not load, go to the Window menu, then Preferences. In the Extension tab, just check the box beside Visualizer and the icon will appear, as well as the Extension menu entry.
- Copy the folder and file from: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins
- Paste into: home/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins (You can find the library folder under the Go menu in Finder, hold down the Option key after you click on the Go menu and the Library folder will appear in the menu.)
- VSE_VisualizerSceneExporter LesterP - Visualizer for SketchUp Scene Exporter add on.
- V-Ray Fee
- Fix Your Plugins Required DLLs may need to be added to system folders.
- Probesthomthom - Plugin tools for inspecting normals and UV mapping.
- Remove_CG_material.rbMatt666 - V-Ray specific material plugin.
- SketchUcation forum V-Ray sub-forum.
- V-Ray Tools²thomthom - A suite of plugin tools addressing issues with a floating license on a network (by making V-Ray load on demand), material and camera tools. Several functions useful for general use by people without V-Ray.
Tip: V-Ray hugely increases SU's start-up time. Only load V-Ray when needed, and after SketchUp loads. Use Thomthom's V-Ray Tools² allows you to load V-Ray after SU has actually opened or the Sketchucation Plugins manager. Also use SketchUp 2015 or 2016 64-bit editions as they are large address aware - able to working faster with models using large image files.
- 3DPaintBrush Geometric Ltd - Near photo-realistic images and animation. Imports SKPs, GE integration. - Fee - Windows
- Artlantis Fee
- TIP: To get a good ATL file, it is often best to explode all the components and groups in your SKP model and then check for reversed faces, prior to exporting to ATL or saving the model for ATL to import. Not doing so often results into missing geometry or messed up materials in the ATL scene.
- BlendUp SketchUp to Blender converter. Fee - Windows, Mac
- Cheetah 3D Modeler/renderer. Fee - Mac
- fryrender SU plugin. Fee - Windows 32 and 64-bit
- Bunkerspeed Shot SU plugin. Fee - Windows, Mac
- FluidRay RT Real-time, global illumination renderer. Free beta - Windows, Mac
- Indigo SKIndigo, the SKP exporter. Fee - Windows, Mac, Linux
- Kerkythea Free - SU2KT exporter - Windows, Mac, Linux
- camera2K T. Marek - Exports SketchUp camera positions to Kerkythea.
- KeyShot Exporter to KeyShot 6. Other exporters available to KeyShot 4 and 5. Fee - Windows, Mac
- LightWave 3D Fee - SketchUp to LightWave book, Ready..Set..Render!
- Lumion Free, Fee - Windows
- LuxRender Open source
- SmallLuxGPU Testbed for the renderer LuxRender. Free
- su2slgexvion - Plugin for SmallLuxGPU
- MachStudio Pro Fee - exporter - Windows
- Maxwell Render Fee - forum - Windows, Mac, Linux
- The stand-alone program works outside of the SketchUp environment, taking advantage of full computation resources - unlike the SketchUp extension version. Though now SketchUp 2015 supports 64-bit.
- MXM Reporter A plugin to help with material assignment.
- Mitsuba Accepts COLLADA, DAE imports. Free - Linux, Windows, Mac
- NuGraf Photo-real renderer of all major 3D file formats. Includes PolyTrans, which converts 3D files to other formats. Fee -Windows
- OctaneRender Suite of VR products to capture, render and stream scenes. Imports OBJ. SketchUp plugin for intergration available. Fee - Windows, Mac, Linux
- Importing SketchUp Models into Photoshop SketchUp Skill Builder video.
- nDo2 Photoshop rendering plugin. Import 2D SketchUp scene into Photoshop and render there. Fee - Windows
- SketchUp and Photoshop SketchUpArtists tutorials.
- Piranesi Non-photorealistic - Fee
- PovRay Free - Windows, Macsu2pov exporter
- RENDERLights 3D Render Ltd - Virtual reality software supporting rendering effects. Windows
- Raylectron Offers stereo vision renderings and rendering farm management - among other things. Free (watermarked), Fee - Windows
- Silo Modeler/renderer. Fee - Windows, Mac
- Shapespark Real-time web-based visualizations with physically accurate lighting. WebVR ready for virtual tours. Fee - Windows
- Sunflow Exporter Didier Bur - Sunflow is a free renderer.
- SUWalk Walk-, fly-thru rendered animation. Fee - Windows
- Thea Render Also has an integrated plugin. Fee - Windows, Mac, Linux
- Twinmotion Manipulate models in 3D. Compatible with all 3D BIM modelers, like SketchUp. From Abvent, developer of Artlantis. Twinmotion will have longer rendering time for more photoreal output while Artlantis shots for quick output with good-enough render. Fee - Windows
- Vue Specializes in natural, 3D scenery - Windows, Mac
- Camera2VueAlex Jenyon - Export SketchUp camera views to E-on's Vue.
- SketchUp to Vue Exporter Plugin for SketchUp 7 and later which exports Sketchup models, sun direction, and cameras into Vue format. Fee - Windows, Mac
- Yafaray Free su2yafrayexvion - Plugin for Yafaray
WeLoveViz Architectural materials optimized for rendering. Free
Educational - and other stuff
- Evermotion Rendering tutorials on several different programs, material downloads (some HDRI images in the Exclusive section), etc.
- How to choose a renderer for SketchUp Video guide on choosing a renderer courtesy of Render Plus Model
- Rendering terms SUWiki glossary
- Rendering tutorials SUWiki tutorials
- ScriptSpot It started as a small script archive. Currently ScriptSpot mainly contains rendering tutorials.
- SketchUp RenderingRender Plus - Site dedicated to making better renderings in SketchUp.
- Align Camera LightAl Hart - Snap a light component to the camera to help align a camera light for rendering.
- ColladaMaya, ColladaMax translator Import COLLADA format models into Maya and 3dsMax.
- GlobalMaterialChangeTIG - globally changes materials in model or a selection.
- Goldilocks v.2AdamB - Helps to determine texture density and geometry analysis to help determine adequate detail for rendered scenes.
- Grey ScaleJim Foltz - SketchUp render style
- GroupByTextureRickW - Groups faces by texture for export to other 3D software.
- layerbymaterialT. Bertschinger - located in the Selection - Layer section - Moves faces to layers based on the assigned material.
- Material Toolsthomthom - Collection of material control tools to manage material usage.
- MXM Reportervodkamartini - Reads material attributes assigned by the Maxwell renderer plugin.
- Originate Component AxesTIG - Moves the component origin of any component in the model to the world origin.
- Podium to LightUp convertorAdamB - Converts the Podium material and light source settings to a LightUp format.
- Raylectron_Texture_ExporterRaylectron - Exports model textures to a directory. Free - Windows
- Remove_CG_material.rbMatt666 - V-Ray specific material plugin, but others may need it too.
- Skatter Sends entourage models directly to rendering engines, bypassing SketchUp, help keeping SketchUp file lightweight. Fee
- SketchUVDale Martens - Multi-function UV tool which can export and import UVs using third-party UV mapping software. Fee - Windows, Mac
- SU2KTTomasz Marek - SketchUp Exporter to Kerkythea. Exports materials to a folder.
- UV Mapping
- Probesthomthom - Tools for inspecting normals and UV mapping.
- SketchUVDale Martens (Whaat) - The Pro version of UVTools - Fee
- UV Toolkit²thomthom - Suite of UV mapping tools.
- UVToolsDale Martens (Whaat) - A SketchUp plugin for simple image mapping. Free
- Very fast texture writer Didier Bur and others - Exports all of the model's materials (including any unused ones) as individual image files (jpg, etc.) into the model's folder.
HDRi Files and Skyboxes
High definition backgrounds for ray trace renderings
YouTube tutorials on working with HDRi files in SketchUp.
- accustudio Exchange downloads. Free
- Evermotion Fee
- HDRI-Hub Downloads, tips and tutorials. Free and Fee
- HDRi Pack 1 HDRi Pack 2 HDRi Pack 3zbyg - deviantART.com downloads. More - including HDRi tutorials
- HDRI-Skies 360° sky maps. Free and Fee
- sIBL Archivehdrlabs Free and Fee
- hdrmaps.com Free and Fee
- panoramic skies SketchUp Sage listing for skyboxes, UV mapping
- Converting programs
- Luminance HDR Capable of converting HDRi to a jpg with less color depth. Free. Windows
- try clicking on the small image previews on Luminance HDR. It will auto tonemap your 32-bit image with some presets (the previews are the presets):
- click the one you like the most
- change resolution on the left panel
- hit tonemap for new resolution
- save image as jpg
- Picturenaut Capable of converting HDRi to a jpg with less color depth. Free, donation-ware. Windows, Mac
IES LIght Files
IES files are light parameters that can be used in many renderers. The files can come from manufacturers or you can make them up.
- GE Light*Beams App for GE directional reflector lamps with a complete database of IES files. Other IES files.
- IES GeneratorCreate your own IES light profile. IES file previewer available for download too. tutorial Free - Windows
- IES filesDerek Jenson - A 3D artist shares his favorite files.
- Render Plus rendered the 30 sample IES lights - which come with most renderers - in SketchUp scenes.
As a base program, SketchUp has been developed into a powerhouse 3D modeler that just about anyone with a computer and an internet connection. It’s easy enough for clients to understand, and nuanced enough for architects and designers to quickly build their designs in digital space and get instant feedback about massing, proportion, and circulation.
But, when you start to add extensions and plugins, you can transform SketchUp into a one-stop visualization shop that allows users to create photorealistic renderings, animations, and walkthroughs that will wow clients and strengthen the design process.
The rendering software in this list is some of the best in the world, and all provide streamlined plugins for use within the SketchUp experience. These programs are marketed towards architects looking to keep their visualization work in house without having to hire an expensive, dedicated rendering artist to keep on staff.
By combining the rendering speed and quality of Indigo with a high quality plugin for SketchUp, you can create great images so good that your friends and clients won't be able to tell if it's a photo or computer generated. Photorealism, supercharged. Free download V-Ray for SketchUp V-Ray for SketchUp for Mac OS X. V-Ray for SketchUp provides designers with faster rendering, better lighting tools, and the. SketchUp Render Farm RebusFarm is your render farm for Trimble SketchUp. RebusFarm is the leading SketchUp Render Farm. Our RebusFarm 3.0 Software enables you to immediately connect to our render cloud with thousands of nodes that enable you to get your renderings done in no time and at a low price. Find the right SketchUp. Learn about our 3D modeling software pricing, and pick the plan that fits your needs. Render-to-Texture Available Now!! With the release of Twilight Render V2.7, we started a new set of features we are calling AddOns. These AddOns allow you to customize your Twilight Render environment with new, powerful tools. The first tool, available now, is called Render-to-Texture, and it's guaranteed to knock your socks off!
Here is the best rendering software to use with SketchUp.
Maxwell has been around since your parents were toying around with this new thing called ‘rendering software’ back in the last 1990’s. It’s been ubiquitous with the industry since the beginning, offering some of the most powerful rendering physics that produce incredibly real-looking images and animations.
The development team at Next Limit have done an admiral job at creating a plugin for SketchUp that is not only incredibly easy to install, it’s streamlined in a way that users will feel like it’s a natural extension of the program they know and love. You’ll be rendering in mere seconds, and with a little practice, be using SketchUp in ways you could have never imagined. Maxwell is worth every penny, especially when paired with the fastest modeling tool on the planet.
Google Chrome Helper Renderer Mac
Artlantis was developed specifically with architects and design professionals in mind. This, along with a stripped-down user interface, make it the perfect rendering companion to SketchUp. It’s tools are not only compatible with the software itself, but with the way architects’ minds are trained to work from a perspective of development, process, and workflow.
Artlantis released a plugin for SketchUp around two years ago, and has continued to develop it so that it works hand in hand with the tools and camera techniques of the base program. It comes packaged with a robust material library that is filled to the brim with textures and colors that architects and interior designers frequently use.
3 Keyshot 3D
Indigo Renderer Sketchup
While Keyshot has yet to release a proper plugin for SketchUp, the relative newcomer on the block is such a powerful tool it’d be a shame not to mention it here. SketchUp models are easy enough to interface into the program via a downloadable extension, allowing Keyshot to take things from there.
Keyshot is a capable rendering engine, yes, but it’s real magic comes from the ability to view your rendered scene in real-time as you tweak materials, massing, camera, and lighting conditions. It provides an incredibly fast work environment that doesn’t require you to sit around while a bunch of draft renderings are produced just so you can change things and try again.
Just like Maxwell, V-Ray has been around since the beginning. It’s trajectory hasn’t given an inch as it has been continually developed into a rendering program at the top of its class. V-Ray for SketchUp offers the precision, accuracy, and flexibility the program always has, but in a package that users can navigate and implement with ease.
V-Ray is simply the best when it comes to providing true-to-life results in just about every rendering category imaginable. Whether you’re animating for Pixar or using SketchUp to render your parents’ basement renovation, V-Ray will show you the way to the promised land. And while all those features certainly come with a hit to your wallet, it’ll be worth it once you see your designs literally come to life.
Octane Renderer Mac
5 Brighter 3D
Sketchup Renderers For Mac Os
One thing Brighter 3D has on every other rendering program on this list is that it was developed specifically for use within SketchUp. This means it’s toolset was designed to work hand-in-hand with the 3D modeler, making rendering just as fast and easy as the modeling. Brighter 3D doesn’t have many frills or extras - it’s just a solid rendering engine that should be perfect for 95% of SketchUp users out there.
Sketchup Renderers For Mac Download
The only downfall is that Brighter 3D doesn’t currently have a version for Mac users, though the developers promise one is in the works.