Due to several reasons like a slow startup, lack of storage space, lagging system performance, and others, Mac users look for system utility tools. And due to this demand, supply is abundant. This means you can find several free & paid cleaning apps for Mac. Among them, one with a long history is OnyX, developed by Titan Software.
From Apple: System Disk Utility 2.6.2 for Mac OS X Server 1.2 is a Mac OS program that allows you to select which hard disk your computer will start up from. To startup your computer with Mac OS X.
This free Mac maintenance utility is a useful tool for all Mac users. Using it, you can check startup disk, system files structure, run various cleaning tasks, delete cache, problem creating files and folders, rebuild databases, and do a lot more.
- OneIopen is a system utility that lets you keep an eye on your Mac from anywhere.
- £34.95/$39.95 a year (currently £29.95). Trial available here. One heavy hitter in the.
- Shows detailed information on lots of components. Lets you copy text out of the program.
In a nutshell, this tool helps perform all the tasks required to keep Mac optimized. So, if you are interested to know more about this tool, here’s a detailed review of the OnyX – The best Mac optimization tool.
- Overall – 4/5
- Price – 5/5
- Customer Service – 3/5
Product Version – 3.8.6
Release Date: June 4, 2020
Price – Free
Download (current) Buy Extensions Support Docs. A sophisticated software modeler for agile and concise modeling Download for macOS Download for Windows Download for Linux (64-bit) Current version: 3.2.2 UML 2. StarUML is a macOS application that enables you to take advantage of everything the UML 2 standard has to offer. Develop UML or ERD diagrams in a well-organized workspace To help you get started. Use OS's default scrollbar in Mac OS X #147; Brackets conflicts #122; Auto Layout Diagram #49; 2.0.0-beta.1 (2014/05/18) The first public release. New versioning scheme. (Previous StarUML version is v5.0, but we do not use the version number no more and we use new version number starting from 2.0.0). Staruml for mac. There are many alternatives to StarUML for Mac if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Mac alternative is PlantUML, which is both free and Open Source.If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 45 alternatives to StarUML and 18 are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement.
Mac Utility Software
When it comes to maintaining Mac and optimizing the performance, OnyX is the best. This multifunctional tool lets you control basic Unix programs built-into macOS. Moreover, using it, you can delete files associated with uninstalled apps, rebuild the Spotlight search index, clean junk files, and a lot more.
Excited to know more about this amazing tool?
Well, before we move ahead, here’s a heads up. OnyX is an advanced and powerful tool that gives full control of Mac. This means beginners can face difficulty when using OnyX.
- Onyx’s maintenance tab helps rebuild, clean, and delete junk files
- Easy access to several Mac functions and verifies the structure of the file system
- Secure deletes file and folders without leaving any leftovers
- Offer configuration panel to change various settings
- Restart routine improved
This tab consists of several subgroup tasks. Using it in a single click, you can rebuild, clean, and perform other tasks. To use it, you need to check the boxes next to the task and click Run Tasks.
Each task in the maintenance group is handcrafted to make your Mac work flawlessly and boost performance.
Verifying subgroups helps speed up the verification process by checking the file system structure. Honestly, if you are facing any problem in using the Mac or your Mac gets stuck while performing certain tasks use the First Aid built-in Disk Utility app.
Rebuilding subgroups help remove leftovers and associated files that unnecessary clutter the Mac.
Cleaning subgroups is the most useful section; you can clean log files and free disk space using it. Getting rid of these unwanted files will help boost startup time.
Misc. options help deal with problems that do not belong to any of the above subgroups. This includes maintaining scripts, fonts cache, clearing Trash, and more.
Honestly, all the operations explained in this group are quite advanced. I’ll confess it wasn’t easy for me too. But I did find this Applications section useful. This feature lists all the features that are hidden under System Preferences. This means you can access Storage Management, Wireless Diagnostics apps, etc., easily in one place.
Want to perform various actions on files, folder, and disk? Well, this feature gives control over all disks and files. You can change the disk visibility by adding a (.) to the file name. To show/hide hidden files, press the Shift+Command (.) dot key. This will show files. To hide the data, simply add a dot to the file name. This will hide the file. Moreover, using it, you permanently delete files.
This section is an all-in-one configuration panel. From here, you can change display speeds, graphic effects, change the default number of recent items from 10 to 20, save screenshots in some other format, remove restart, and shut down the menu bar, change hover color on Dark icons, and a lot more. All this will help fine-tune Mac.
Is OnyX Worth Giving a Try?
Indeed, the OnyX system utility tool for Mac is special. It helps perform intensive tasks without you bringing around and optimizing Mac in no time.
What makes OnyX a must-have system cleanup tool for Mac?
Unlike other disk managers, OnyX offers proficiency and gives full control to perform several tasks. During my research, I have noticed some noteworthy things about OnyX. They are listed below:
1. No Fancy design: Onyx believes in offering the services that users look for. Instead of paying attention to looks, the system utility app offers different tabs categorized hierarchically. This might look a bit old fashioned, but it does work.
2. Power: OnyX performs cleaning at a deep level, thereby permitting users to customize settings.
How to install OnyX
Note: Before you install OnyX you need to know the macOS version you are using. This is required to install the compatible version of OnyX.
However, if you do not know the OS, you are running, follow the steps below.
How to find the macOS Version?
1. Click the Apple icon in the menu bar > select About this Mac from the drop-down menu.
2. This will open a new window; here you can see the name of the current OS.
3. Now that you know the version of macOS head to the official site and download the compatible version of OnyX.
Note: When downloading the version of OnyX, ensure you download it from the website. This will prevent you from installing an infected version of OnyX.
4. Once downloaded, look for .dmg file on the Downloads folder in the Finder and double click the file.
5. Drag the app into the Applications folder > grant Full Access to the disk by following instructions.
- Free to use Mac system utility
- Excellent maintenance and Mac optimization tool
- Helps clean junk files
- Automated cleaning and maintenance
- Allows accessing macOS hidden features
- Enlist malware infections in detail
Mac Utility Download
- No information about the reclaimed storage space
- Lacks preview option
- There’s a specific version of OnyX for every macOS
So, this is all the information about OnyX – a safe to use Mac system utility. Using it, you can perform different operations on your Mac. However, if you are still looking for an alternate, try using Disk Clean Pro – #1 Mac cleanup and optimization app. Offered by Systweak, this Mac tweaking tool works wonders. If you want to give it a try, click here.
Best System Utility For Mac
Alongside you can check the list of best Mac optimization apps. This will help find alternatives to OnyX and make you aware of the tools available in the market.