I have a Firefox update ready to install: 60.0.2. The message says, 'This update requires administrator privileges'. I'm new to Mac and am used to Firefox just automatically updating itself on Windows and Linux. This Mac Mini workstation is a test platform to investigate converting our office from Windows to Mac. Download Mozilla Firefox, a free Web browser. Firefox is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control online. Get Firefox for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS today! Important: If the update didn't start, didn't complete or there was some other problem, you can go to the Systems & Languages page to download and install the latest version of Firefox for your system and language or you can use this download link (see How to download and install Firefox on Windows Install Firefox on Linux How to download and install Firefox on Mac for more information). Get Firefox, a free web browser backed by Mozilla, a non-profit dedicated to internet health and privacy. Available now on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS.
- Jan 23, 2009
- Reaction score
- Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
- Your Mac's Specs
- iMac 5K Retina 27', August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
One quote from the article:
'Keeping web browsers up to date with the latest version is almost always recommended for security purposes, and right now that’s particularly important with Firefox because the US Department of Homeland Security has acknowledged a Firefox security exploit that could cause the takeover of a targeted computer and is thereby urging Firefox users to update to 72.0.1 (or later) right away.'
The article can be found here: How to Update FireFox on Mac
Update Firefox For Mac Os 10.6.8
This article explains how to download and install Firefox on a Mac.
Firefox For Mac 10.6.8
- If you are updating from a previous version of Firefox, see Update Firefox to the latest release.
- Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best version of Firefox for you.
- Click .
- Note: If you want to have a choice of the language for your Firefox installation, click the Download options and other languages link instead.
- Once the download has completed, the file (Firefox.dmg) may open by itself and pop open a Finder window containing the Firefox application. Drag the Firefox icon on top of the Applications folder in order to copy it there.
- Note: If you do not see this window, open the Firefox.dmg file that you downloaded.
- After dragging Firefox to the Applications folder, hold down the control key while clicking in the window and select Eject 'Firefox' from the menu.
Tip: You can add Firefox to your dock for easy access. Just open your Applications folder and drag Firefox to the dock.
Firefox is now ready for use. Just click on its icon in the dock or Applications folder to start it.
When you first start up Firefox, you will be warned that you downloaded Firefox from the Internet. Because you download Firefox from the official site, click .
Mozilla Firefox Updates For Windows 10
Upon installation, Firefox will not be your default browser, which you'll be notified about. That means that when you open a link in your mail application, an Internet shortcut, or HTML document, it will not open in Firefox. If you want Firefox to do those things, click . If you're just trying out Firefox or simply do not wish to set Firefox as your default browser, click .