The GeForce FX 5200 is an AGP 8x card compatible with AGP 2x, 4x,and 8x slots. It's short enough and runs cool enough to work in thePower Mac G4 Cube, and it is the oldest,least powerful card with full Core Image and Core Animation support. Itwas the standard video card for the Power MacG5/1.6 GHz single and 1.8 GHz dual (2003), 1.8 GHz single, and 1.8GHz and 2.0 GHz dual (2004). It will work with all AGP PowerMacs.
Microsoft office for mac os. Apple also used the GeForce 5200 GPU in the 17' iMac G4/1.25 GHz, 20' iMac G4/1.25 GHz, and the 2004 iMac G5.
Flashed AGP 8x video cards are not compatible with theMystic/Gigabit Ethernet, Digital Audio, Cube, Quicksilver, and MirrorDrive Door Power Mac G4 without modification. As explained by The Mac Elite, Appleuses pins 3 and 11 on the back of the card to power ADC monitors. Thesepins must be disabled or your Mac will not boot with the cardinstalled. Full details and instructions are on the Mac Elitewebsite.
Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) boot times for Power Mac with the GeForce6200 fall into the 4-5 minute range, and it's suggested that youinstall Leopard with the Mac's original video card to avoid slowingdown the process.
The GeForce FX 5200 can be used on a Mac running OS 9, but with noacceleration and with limited resolution settings.
COMeap Dual Mini 6 Pin to 8 Pin PCI Express Video Card Power Adapter Cable for Apple Mac Pro Tower/Power Mac G5 15-inch(38cm) Model #: A07J336WY4 Item #: 9SIAE87A3X9611. A guide on removing the video card on a Power Mac G5. Visit for more repair guides. 661-2921 Power Mac G5 FX 5200 64MB AGP (DVI/ADC) Video Card 661-2921 $29.00: 661-3593 Video Card ATI Radeon 9650 256 Mb DVI/DVI for Power Mac G5 661-3593 $65.00: 661-3332 Powermac G5 NVIDIA GeForce NV40 6800 Ultra 256 MB DDL (DVI/DVI) 661-3332 $90.00 $49.00: 661-3732 NVIDIA 512 MB Quadro FX 4500 Video Card (PCI Express) 661-3732 $199.00 $95.00. PCI-E PCIe PCI Express 6 pin Video Card Power Cable Adaptor Convertor for Mac Pro Dual Quad Core G5 Provide prower from internal logic board mini 6 Pin to PCI Express Vdieo Card standard 6 pin Works with 1. Any PCI Express-based MAC 2.0/2.3 Ghz Dual-Core or 2.5Ghz Quad-Core G5 and all Intel Mac Pro Tower machines 2. Any MAC video card with starndard 6 pin power connectors such as but not.
Based on recent pricing, we recommend the Radeon 9600 Pro, whcihalso has full Core Image and Core Animation support, over the GeForceFX 5200, especially for those running Leopard. The Radeon is both morepowerful and generally less expensive.
- GPU speed: 250-400 MHz, dual processors
- Video memory: 128/256 MB
- Memory speed: 225-266 MHz DDR
- Memory bus: 128 bits
- Resolutions: 640 x 480 to 1920 x 1200 (2048 x1536 analog)
- Ports: DVI-I, VGA, S-video
- Dual monitor support: yes
- Cooling fan: not necessary
- Minimum OS: Mac OS 9.2.2, OS X 10.4.3
- Compatible with: Sawtooth, Gigabit Ethernet, Digital Audio, Quicksilver, Quicksilver 2002, Mirrored Drive Doors, FireWire 800, Power Mac G5 models with AGP(excluded Power Mac G5 Dual and G5 Quad)
- Nvidia GeForce FX5200, Nvidia
- Nvidia's GeForce FX 5200graphics processor, The Tech Report, 2004.10.11
- GeForce6200: Nvidia's New Budget Graphics, Extreme Tech,2005.01.21
- Shootout: Newer,Faster Graphics Cards for the G4 Cube!, Bare Feats, 2005.07.18.GeForce 2, 3, and 5200 vs. Radeon 8500, 9000, 9200, and 9800.
- 'Sane' 3D GameGraphics Card Shootout, Bare Feats, 2004.07.24. GeForce 5200 vs.Radeon 9600 and 9800 at 'sane' settings on a Power Mac G5.
This article applies only to video cards that originally shipped with a specified Mac Pro or were offered as an upgrade kit by Apple. Similar cards that were not provided by Apple may have compatibility issues and you should work with the vendor of that card to confirm compatibility.
Mac Pro (2019)
Learn more about cards you can install in Mac Pro (2019) and how to install PCIe cards in your Mac Pro (2019).
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
Video Card For Power Mac G5 Pro
- Dual AMD FirePro D300
- Dual AMD FirePro D500
- Dual AMD FirePro D700
Mac Pro (Mid 2010) and Mac Pro (Mid 2012)
- ATI Radeon HD 5770
- ATI Radeon HD 5870
Learn about graphics cards supported in macOS 10.14 Mojave on Mac Pro (2010) and Mac Pro (Mid 2012).
Power Mac G5 Specs
Mac Pro (Early 2009)
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
- ATI Radeon HD 4870
- ATI Radeon HD 5870, offered as an upgrade kit
The Radeon HD 5870 card requires Mac OS X 10.6.4 or later and the use of both auxiliary power connections.
Mac Pro (Early 2008)
- ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (part number 630-9191 or 630-9897)*
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600
- ATI Radeon HD 4870, offered as an upgrade kit
The Radeon HD 4870 card requires Mac OS X 10.5.7 or later.
Mac Pro (Original)
- NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
- ATI Radeon X1900 XT
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 (part number 630-7532 or 630-7895)*
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (part number 630-9492), offered as an upgrade kit.*
The NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT card requires Mac OS X 10.5.2 or later with the Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 or the computer may not start up properly.
Video Card For Power Mac G5 User
* To identify a graphics card part number, check the label on the back of the card.