VLC media player requires Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later. It runs on any 64bit Intel-based Mac. Previous devices are supported by older releases. Note that the first generation of Intel-based Macs equipped with Core Solo or Core Duo processors is no longer supported. Please use version 2.0.10 linked below. VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files, and various streaming protocols. VideoLAN, VLC, VLC media player and x264 are trademarks internationally registered by the VideoLAN non-profit organization. VideoLAN software is licensed under various open-source licenses: use and distribution are defined by each software license. Design by Made By Argon. Some icons are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0+. Check any file types for which you want VLC to be the default player, or just check the select all option. Right-click on the type of file you want to always open with VLC. Click 'Get Info'. In the 'Open With' section, select VLC from the drop-down menu. To apply this change to all files of this type, click the 'Change All' button.
The temptation forher to finally understand what happened is too much to resist. Amanda never saw her again.Fifteen years later, Amanda, now a Weyland-Yutani employee, learns thatthe flight recorder of her mother’s ship, the Nostromo, has beenrecovered at the remote trading station Sevastopol. Custom SearchAlien: Isolation 1.0.1When she left Earth, Ellen Ripley promised her daughter Amanda she wouldreturn home for her 11th birthday. Salon.com.
Below are some handy guides for using VLC media player
Playing Video and Audio
- How to..
- Use Subtitles
- Playing movies with subtitles
- Use a Capture Card
- This explains how to watch TV or get video from your capture card.
- Play DVDs and Disks from the image file
- This explains how to use movies encoded onto an ISO file.
- How to..
- Adjust image settings
- This explains how to adjust video image settings: hue, brightness, contrast, saturation, and gamma
- Hardware acceleration
- How to adjust hardware acceleration settings under the Qt Interface for the 3.x.x branch of VLC
Remote Control for VLC
- How to..
- Control VLC via a browser
- This explains how to use the HTTP interface
- Control VLC via a widget on the Mac desktop
- Control VLC from a webOS phone
- Formerly known as Palm webOS
Transcoding and Streaming
- How to..
- Play videos on your iPod
- This explains how to convert your videos so they play on your iPod.
- Play videos on your Play-Yan Micro
- This explains how to convert your videos so they play on your Play-Yan Micro.
- Play videos on your XBox and XBox 360
- This explains how to convert your videos so they play on your XBox.
- Play video on your Zune
- This explains how to convert your videos so they play on your Zune.
- Convert Windows Media audio/video files to MOV or .MP4
- This explains how to convert Windows Media-encoded files to Quicktime or MPEG-4 files
- Create a Mosaic
- This explains how to set up a mosaic from a few streams like a TV portal.
- How to Batch Encode
- This explains how to set up a batch transcode with all files in a directory of a certain file extension being transcoded to a specified format.
- This explains converting (transcoding) a file.
- How to merge and transcode multiple videos
- This explains how to take several source videos and merge then transcode resulting in a single file output.
- Extract audio from a file
- This explains how to extract the audio track from a file.
- Extract audio
- This explains how to extract the audio track from a DVD.
- Rip a DVD
- This explains how to rip a DVD using VLC
Using VLC in other Applications
- How to..
- Specification for ActiveX control
- Use VLC's External API
- Information for using libvlc
- Google WebToolkit
- How to..
- Create a DVD
- This explains how to make a DVD from your home videos
- Use the ActiveX control with Borland's Delphi
- Using the VLC ActiveX plug-in in your programs
- Change a video
- This explains how to edit a video and save the changes
- How to shut down computer when VLC playback is over..
Here you can download experimental versions of VLC that are daily generated from the VLC code that is currently in development.
Several issues that existed in previous versions of VLC might be fixed here, but since this version of VLC is not yet finished, you should expect other problems and issues.
Download nightly builds
Vlc For Mac Free Download
Select your operating system to download VLC binaries:
Vlc Player For Mac Os
- The packages for the following operating systems
are not automatically built every night:
The tarballs service is discontinued, please use Git to get the latest source code.
Vlc Download Mac Os
The nightly builds for Ubuntu are available on Launchpad from the VideoLAN team's
master-daily PPA. Once you have activated the correct repository, you can simply update the VLC (
Those repositories contain a
vlc-dbg package. We recommend you install it so you can produce useful backtraces if you need to report a bug.
VLC SVN Snapshots for openSUSE
For openSUSE 11.4, 12.3, 13.1, 13.2 and Tumbleweed we offer also RPMs from SVN snapshots. The packages are updated approximatively once per week.
In order to test it, follow the usual instructions to install VLC as described on www.videolan.org/vlc/download-suse.html, but replace the packagename vlc with vlc-beta. You can only install one version, so either vlc OR vlc-beta. They conflict each other.
VLC Git Ebuild for Gentoo
Alexis Ballier maintains Ebuild for the master (vlc-9999.ebuild) Git branch in the Portage tree.As it is a live ebuild it comes without any keyword so you'll have to put a '**' entry for it in package.keywords in order to be able to install it and, when appropriate, an entry in package.unmask .