Star Wars The Old Republic Star Wars the Old Republic for mac is the same game that is supported for the PC, but is now compatible with Mac OS systems. The Old Republic was developed by Bioware in 2008 as a new generation MMORPG. Their have been millions of players registered since the dawn of the beginning of Swtor. This page contains a list of cheats, codes, Easter eggs, tips, and other secrets for Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic for Macintosh.If you've discovered a cheat you'd like to add to the page. Buy Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II (Mac) as a Steam Key. It is not the destination that matters. It is the journey. Five years after the events from the award winning Star Wars® Knights of the Old Republic™, the Sith Lords have hunted the Jedi to the edge of extinction and are on the verge of crushing the Old Republic.
See full list on swtor.gamepedia.com. This page contains a list of cheats, codes, Easter eggs, tips, and other secrets for Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic for Macintosh.If you've discovered a cheat you'd like to add to the page.
The guide talks about how to run The Old Republic on a macOS machine.
Since the last update, several things happened:
- POM has been running into issues for some people where menus like configuration wouldn't popup. Don't know what causes that exactly.
- Swtor_fix has been giving people too many issues. I've decided to reverted back to older version of Wine in staging so the fix won't be needed anymore.
Basic Requirements[editedit source]
A list of basic requirements to implement the guide.https://www.playonmac.com/en/https://www.swtor.com/game/download
Works with 5.10.1Currently OS X/macOS users are provided with three possible solutions when wanting to run a Windows program; Run a Bootcamp, a Virtual Machine, or use Wine. Everything in this documentation was made possible by the brilliant minds behind the Wine project.If you want to play on Linux, please check out this link https://lutris.net/games/star-wars-the-old-republic/
Before I begin, remember that every computer is special, and not all will have the same result.
The machine I am running from is a MacBook Pro (15-inch, early 2011) with macOS Sierra.
PlayOnMac isn't a magical do-it-all program sadly. What it does is use Wine to create a separate mini-universe (wrapper) for each program you install (or multiple programs on one wrapper). Each wrapper provides you with all the simple components needed to run a Windows program, but it's up to the user to install the rest of the needed components to make the program of choice to run.
The problem with installing just SWTOR is that once you install it, it won't run because it's missing several core components required for the game to run. You will have to install all of these components on the same wrapper you will have SWTOR installed on. Thankfully, PlayOnMac provides a special menu from which you can install all of the required things to run the game, so you don't have to go scavenging for them from different websites.
Heroes of might and magic 5 for mac download free. Please make sure to reread each step at least three times to make sure everything is correct.
If at any point, a window comes up that says that
rundll32.exe failed, ignore and close the error.
If you would like to watch a video guide instead, I've glued together a video of how to do it:
- Download the Star Wars: The Old Republic installer.
- When on PlayOnMac menu, in the top bar, click Tools --> Manage Wine versions.
- In the Wine version (x86) tab, click on 2.20-staging, and then move it to the right side. PlayOnMac will proceed to download that Wine version.
- After the download is done, on the PlayOnMac menu, click on the Configure button.
- Bottom left, click the New button.
- Click Next and you will be brought to a screen instructing you to choose the bit version. Pick 32 bits windows installation.
- In the listed Wine versions to use, pick 2.20-staging and click next.
- Name your virtual drive. Any name works. The virtual drive will now be created.
- Once the virtual drive is created, go back to the configuration page, click on the drive you've created.
- Switch to the Install components tab.
- Install the following components:
crypt32(Might say that it failed. Keep retrying)
- When the installation is complete, switch to the Display tab.
- On the Video memory size, click on the dropdown menu, and pick the number that corresponds to your graphic drive's memory size.
- Switch to the Wine tab.
- Click on Configure Wine.
- In the Windows Version: dropdown menu, pick Windows 10.
- After you've done that, switch to the Miscellaneous tab.
- Click on Run a .exe file in this virtual drive.
- Navigate to the location where you've downloaded the installation file for SWTOR (Named
- Select it, and click Open. The installation page prompt will now be brought up. Ignore the error.
- Pick the language you plan to use, and click next until you are brought to the installation type. DO NOT custom install. Let the installation do an express installation.
- After the installation is complete, unselect the option to launch the game, and finish the installation.
- Congratulations! The game is now installed.
- Click on Run a .exe file in this virtual drive again.
- Navigate to the game's folder. This is the the location.
PlayOnMac's virtual Drive --> The Name of your wrapper --> drive_c --> Program Files --> Electronic Arts --> BioWare --> Star Wars - The Old Republic -->
- The launcher will now launch. Type in your credentials and login.
- An error will come up that say that you require administration rights.
- Go back to the configuration page. Click on Open virtual drive's directory.
- Navigate again you the game's folder.
- Open the file
- Change the line,
'bitraider_disable': falseto ,
- Save the file, and again relaunch the launcher and login with your credentials.
- The game will now start downloading. If the administration error comes up again, again open the text file and again disable bitraider and set the patching mode to ssn.
- The game itself will weight about 40GB, so you might as well leave it to download and install over night. Shut down the launcher when the game finished downloading and installing.
- Shut down the launcher and go back to the configuration page. Click on Make a new shortcut from this virtual drive.
launcher.exeand name the shortcut SWTOR.
- Tell Wine that you don't want to create any more shortcuts. The shortcut will appear on your desktop.
The game should now launch. Congratulations!
AND WE ARE DONE! All you have to do next time you want to play the game is double click the shortcut and you are good to go 👍.
So what works and doesn't work currently? Everything works! I tested every aspect of the game from character creation to
Knights of the Fallen Empire Eternal Throne United Forces Galactic Legends Jedi Under Siege
- The Wretched Hive!
Frequently Asked Questions[editedit source]
Q: I already did your previous guide with swtor fix and it worked! But I got a question should I scrap my shortcut and remake it using the new wine and stuff or should I stay with what I have?A: No, do what you have. The new stuff is actually what we did before. I had to get rid of swtor_fix because it confused people. Both will work fine.
Q: Would the instructions for installing this on, say..Ubuntu or PuppyLinux (or, if I feel particularly stupid, Slackware)?A: Yea. The dudes who created POM created PlayOnLinux first. Same general idea on how to install it.
Q: I'm getting stuck after I click Express installation. It's defaulting to My Computer as the save location which obviously doesn't exist on my Mac. It won't let me choose another location. I can't figure out what I've done wrong!A: When you crate a new wrapper, the expert installation is inside the wrapper, not outside of it.
Q: It says I only have 15gb free when I have 70gb free disk space. I don't have Time Machine on or anything so I'm not sure what to do at this point.A: I use an app called Disk Inventory X that shows what exactly takes up space on your computer. I suggest you use it to see what's going on.
Q: Is there a fix for the starting resolution resetting at every start-up? I'm able to change the resolution to where I need it at the character selection screen, but it takes some playing around since nothing lines up correctly.A: Choose screen option windowed fullscreen. That should stop the resolution from resetting itself.